IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Inside Out 2 #1 with best 2024 OW

At my theater, according to presales, Rubinrot opens better than Jack but not by much. Oz is leading in presales, #2 yet unclear with H&G, Rubinrot and some adult fare about head-to.head, but family films usually have little presales anyway. Keep in mind that "Rubinrot" is a German production and while we in Austria share much with our northern neighbours (including the language, kind of), german films usually do a lot better in Germany, and Austrian films in Austria. See recent examples Kokowääh2, Schlussmacher ...

...#2 yet unclear with H&G,.......we in Austria share much with our northern neighbours (including the language, kind of), .......

1. you mentioned you might watch it too, did you?

2. Reeeaaaaally?  ;):D:P

Calendar:

Jänner =/= Januar (January)

food:

Erdäpfel =/= Kartoffeln (potatoes)

Obers =/ Sahne (cream)

Paradeiser =/= Tomaten (tomatoes)

Kren =/= Meerrettich (horse-radish)

Weight-strangeness => Zentner (hundredweight?):

1 Zenter in Austria is 100kg, in Germany it is only 50kg

The pound is only in Germany in use ( 1/2kg )

big diffs in medical area terms too

My 1st grade in school was ~ 15km like the birds fly away from the Austrian boarder. Our neighbours who lived there since ever (many generations) didn't understand the ones on the other side really well. But both spoke a real intense old (isolated) dialect, 'normal' to slightly dialect speakers have usually not a big problem beside reading the menue....

weekends about 10 US$ without 3D / overlength

That's optimistic for bigger citys.

Bigger cinemas around me are between $11 and as high as $13,50.

It's really getting ridiculous.

I've always said, that earning $100 with 20 visitors is much more worth, that earning $100 with 10 visitors. Those 20 visitors buy concession and cinemas do not have to share that profit with studios. But it seems like cinemas don't care.

I don't understand it at all, cause our neighbours in France show how it could work with cheaper tickets and cinema festivals with special prices.

Yep, ticket prices are reallyout of control sometimes ...

Yep, we watched it, see Crowd Reports and Review thread.

Omei, for some reson I never really checked those also...  thank you for the hint

How to not loose over-sight, with the many sections  threads here :rolleyes::wub:

Saturday trend for Germany - seems the race for #2 will not be that close:

1: Oz:  200k admissions (good hold, -27%)

2: H&G: 160k (ok hold, -34%)

3: Rubinrot: 125k (rather disapponting for a young-adult-bestseller)

4: This is 40: 90k

5: Night Train to Lisabon: 75k (super hold, -13%)

70k admissions for Kokowääh2 and JackTGS (ugh)

Weak numbers all around (with the exception of H&G) and a really bad weekend overall; still let's not despair, Germany's January and February were top and should more than balance the weak March.

Edited by IndustriousAngel

I have to 'confess' I only know about the title because I am reading / writing here...

I read a lot, but not a lot of youth books, even when also running a public ~ school library. The ones I let myself get convinced into to read are either more Sci-Fi or... lets say, what the male youth tends to read. But usually the original version of those books (twisted 'excuse' before myself for reading it?) Still haven't read Markus Heitz whom so many here recommend either.

I think it is a difficult 'job' to run a cinema, one mistake and you might miss not only for a whole week a lot of money, but ppl might also discover another cinema or.... 1000 little things, that can go wrong / make things difficult (including food)

Germany + Austria Top 13 March 14 - 17

TW LW Movie Studio Weekend Change Gross Week
1 1 Oz the Great and Powerful Disney $ 2.925.232 -29,6 8.043.270 2
2 2 Hänsel & Gretel PPI/UPI $ 2.523.950 -34,2 14.756.019 3
3 N Rubinrot Concorde/Const. $ 1.179.551 - 1.386.919 1
4 N This is 40 UPI $ 1.154.173 - 1.350.506 1
5 N Jack the Giant Slayer WB $ 956.093 - 965.679 1
6 3 Kokowääh 2 WB $ 818.007 -43,8 24.444.425 6
7 4 Django Unchained Sony $ 799.125 -36,9 54.554.431 9
8 8 Night Train to Lisbon Concorde/Filmladen $ 766.585 -20,0 2.109.916 2
9 5 3096 Tage Constantin $ 720.707 -39,7 4.555.431 3
10 6 Safe Haven Senator/Const. $ 714.538 -34,3 2.552.082 2
11 7 A Good Day to Die Hard Fox $ 543.909 -48,4 16.752.690 5
12 9 Les Misérables UPI $ 414.525 -51,9 6.257.884 4
13 N Hitchcock Fox $ 357.078 - 423.412 1

None of the openers managed to frighten the leading fantasy duo of Oz/H&G. "Night Train to Lisbon" managed to stay #8 despite 3 openers in front ... super drop! But overall a rather weak weekend.

Let's hope business picks up with scholl holidays starting Friday. There's a lot of openers again, so the chart will look a lot different for next weekend: French productions "De l'autre côté du périph" (buddy-cop-thriller witch Intouchables-star Omar Sy) and "Un plan parfait" (rom-com with Diane Kruger and Dany Boon); Dreamworks' "The Croods"; German girl/horse-bestseller adaption "Ostwind" (should do a bit better than Rubinrot); and finally "Spring Breakers", plus some limited releases.