Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

And now, the question turns to legs. IW has an over 3.5x multi, surely that’s not possible with an OW of this magnitude? But if reception is even better than IW as it is in most of the world, not hard to speculate about cracking R$300.    

2nd weekend would be around R$66 with IW’s 2nd weekend % drop, would be a 2nd weekend that beats previous OW record. Doesn’t seem possible, but with Endgame 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

And now, the question turns to legs. IW has an over 3.5x multi, surely that’s not possible with an OW of this magnitude? But if reception is even better than IW as it is in most of the world, not hard to speculate about cracking R$300.    

2nd weekend would be around R$66 with IW’s 2nd weekend % drop, would be a 2nd weekend that beats previous OW record. Doesn’t seem possible, but with Endgame 🤷‍♂️

The impact of Detective Pikachu will matter a lot, not easy to predict the legs.

• ...wtf 1

16 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The impact of Detective Pikachu will matter a lot, not easy to predict the legs.

I think you are overestimating the impact Pikachu will have in Brazil. But maybe it's just because I'm not a fan of Pokemon.

12 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

I think you are overestimating the impact Pikachu will have in Brazil. But maybe it's just because I'm not a fan of Pokemon.

I'm not making a prediction about the movie, it's just a potential scenario.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Expect EG to do atleast 85% of the 102m lc/ what ever actual we will get by next sunday. So at this point that would  be over 188m lc by the next sunday. 

As long as it beats Infinity War in the end I'll be happy, being the first movie to reach R$250m would be great after Infinity War was the first to reach 150 and 200m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

As long as it beats Infinity War in the end I'll be happy, being the first movie to reach R$250m would be great after Infinity War was the first to reach 150 and 200m.

You think it's to optimistic?

15 minutes ago, pepsa said:

You think it's to optimistic?

I'm not sure, I'm better at predicting Opening Weekends than the overall legs but I guess it's fair to expect it to be very strong next week, so many people couldn't go because they couldn't have seats..these people will try next week so a part of the potential OW could go there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm not sure, I'm better at predicting Opening Weekends than the overall legs but I guess it's fair to expect it to be very strong next week, so many people couldn't go because they couldn't have seats..these people will try next week so a part of the potential OW could go there.

IW did 131% of it's OW in the next full week so thats why I put 85% as the floor.

I might be over 200m lc by next week and I would give it a good shot (over 60%)

• Like 1

distribuído pela já bateu vários recordes históricos no Brasil: melhor dia de estreia com +1,6 milhões de espectadores, melhor final de semana de estreia com + 5,4 milhões em publico e + R$ 100 milhões em bilheteria.

Translated from Portuguese by 

distributed by the already hit several historical records in Brazil: Best Debut day with + 1.6 million viewers, best debut weekend with + 5.4 million in public and + R $100 million in box office.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

Seems like 105.9 😮  

Local article that claims filmeB as the source, so I imagine the chart here is accurate: 

https://www.omelete.com.br/bilheteria-brasil/25-abril-2019    

Also they have CM earning R$.2M for a 146.4 cume, in which case it would fall just short of 150 but I think it has now beaten Ultron.      

From this thread, which actually seems to be having some solid discussion and knowledgeable people.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 2

Tomorrow is a national holiday in Brazil (workers' day) and we may see the a increase in the numbers tonight and tomorrow because of it. The two earliest shows (12hrs and 13:00hrs) from May 1st in our local theater already sold 507 of it's 576 seats.

TBWjcRQ.png   zTdKmur.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1