Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

I visited it 3 times.Yeah it's worth it of course,particularly at night because during the day you mostly see the fog,it happened to me twice and I didn't like it...So try to go there at night if you can.The last time was 10 years ago.

However I rarely go in this city,I'm not a fan.Many people living outside Paris (we call that La Province) don't like it considering it's polluted,too crowded,pretty dangerous,dirty and terribly noisy.

About the French language I've never met someone thinking it's an ugly language,people like it ^^

Than you never visit Belgium, In my school we all hate french (as a language), just because we all suck at it XD

Edited by pepsa

Than you never visit Belgium, In my school we all hate french (as a language), just because we all suck at it XD

So that means you live in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium ^^

Dutch and French are quite different from each other,Dutch being closer to German.

$10.7 in previews + $0.85 OD = $11.55mIt needs $4.45m to reach $16m by Sunday. I think it's doable

Here You have the numbers. 10.7 million in previews. Then, a 5.8 million weekend (thursday-sunday here). Still big. This thing can be number one of the year here. Argh! Edited by Ajbg

Here You have the numbers. 10.7 million in previews. Then, a 5.8 million weekend. Still big. This thing can be number one of the year here. Argh!

But why be mad about it? It's a good movie that does good numbers. Uh, people. :sadno:

Here You have the numbers. 10.7 million in previews. Then, a 5.8 million weekend (thursday-sunday here). Still big. This thing can be number one of the year here. Argh!

We ALL knew that.

If you look back a few pages, we talked about this before. Most people here were aware of the preview number.

It's the total at the end of it's run that counts.

• Like 2

Here You have the numbers. 10.7 million in previews. Then, a 5.8 million weekend (thursday-sunday here). Still big. This thing can be number one of the year here. Argh!

We know that.But we just expected 14m-15m, not $16.5m..So the OW (less previews) still beats our expectations :)

I don't think it will be on top because the competition from Apes 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy will hurt it badly,and the bad WOM won't help its legs.

We know that.But we just expected 14m-15m, not $16.5m..So the OW (less previews) still beats our expectations :)

I don't think it will be on top because the competition from Apes 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy will hurt it badly,and the bad WOM won't help its legs.

What bad WOM.  How do you know the wom is bad in Brazil?

The third made 22 mill.  This will destroy that.  Is 35 out of the question?

What are the biggest grossing films in Brazils history?

It's really difficult to say at this point.TF3 will be passed that's for sure but how big? We will need to wait a bit to see its holds and guess a total.

For you

Box Office Brazil Top All-Time

1.Titanic : 70.5m (+Titanic 3D : 5m)

2.The Avengers : 63.9m

3.Tropa de Elite 2 : 62.9m

4.Avatar : 58m

5.Twilight BD2 : 54.2m

6.Iron Man 3 : 47m

7.Ice Age 3 : 45.4m

8.Ice Age 4 : 44.5m

9.Shrek 4 : 40m

10.Harry Potter DH2 : 35.7m

11.Despicable Me 2 : 35.5m

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

The third made 22 mill. This will destroy that. Is 35 out of the question?What are the biggest grossing films in Brazils history?

Brazil has good multiples. But Transformers already has 3 weeks. Maybe 15 million more (just one more week of kids holidays). But it's not impossible that this thing becomes number one of the year. But it'll need good légs. (i don't think it'll have, but Who knows).Maleficent is good comparative for légs.http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=BR&id=maleficient.htm Edited by Ajbg
  • Like 1