Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Iron Man 3 was a big success in Brazil, The Avengers was HUGE there...So I'm not worried about Thor 2, the Avengers' effect will help it, you can expect big numbers there.

Alisson23 thinks 45-50M right in line with TA and IM3 for Thor 2.  :D

• Like 1

Alisson23 thinks 45-50M right in line with TA and IM3 for Thor 2.  :D

I think it will be a bit lower than IM3, but 40 seems reachable. That would already be more than double of first part. The same can apply to Mexico. It is nearly the same case.

25-30m (around 4.5k tickets) is the extreme high end for Thor 2 here.

Gross in dollars -- Tickets sold

IM2: 15m -- 3.2k

Thor: 17m -- 2.5k

IM3: 47m -- 7.6k

Thor 2 : 20-30m -- 3.5-4.5k

Edited by Goffe

Here Iron Man 2 made

$15,835,025

and Thor 

$ 17,795,316

After The Avengers:

Iron Man 3

$47,870,143

$45 - 50M is possible for Thor

(I prefer the movie Iron Man than Thor but numbers are numbers)

Remember that Thor was in 3D and released one year after Iron Man 2. Considering the big increase of Brazil market in last years, one year of inflation can be very relevant. I do not rule out 45-50, but data say IM is bigger in Brazil than Thor. In my opinion, 40 is a very good target.

Remember that Thor was in 3D and released one year after Iron Man 2. Considering the big increase of Brazil market in last years, one year of inflation can be very relevant. I do not rule out 45-50, but data say IM is bigger in Brazil than Thor. In my opinion, 40 is a very good target.

Agree. but november is holiday and may don't. at least $30M already it's great. let's wait and sees.  :)

the last years were favorable because the dollar was weak, in fact, the weakest in years. 

every dollar cost:

in IM2 OW: R$1,67

in Thor OW: R$1,56

in TA OW: R$1,88

in IM3 OW: R$1,99

Now: R$2,26

IM3 would've made 60-65m in 2011!!!!

• Like 4

the last years were favorable because the dollar was weak, in fact, the weakest in years. 

every dollar cost:

I did not have into account exchange rate :blush: . So, as you have said some posts above, Thor 2 should be headed to increase over  first part, but not in a so spectacular way as IM3 has done, right?

Edited by peludo

every dollar cost:

And given the slowing growth in Brazil its BO growth rate could slow significantly. 2012 (+16%) was pretty weak compared to previous years already. Probably a number inferior to 10%.

I think its better to go with 35-40.

• Like 2