Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

You talked about YA saga, a saga is the combination of all movies from a franchise, not just the last movie to be released. So yes, HP is first and is unlikely to be passed anytime soon...

That's not true. The biggest franchise has the biggest average gross or the biggest single movie gross. Total is irrelevant, you can't compare a trilogy with a 10-movie franchise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, misafeco said:

That's not true. The biggest franchise has the biggest average gross or the biggest single movie gross. Total is irrelevant, you can't compare a trilogy with a 10-movie franchise.

I can see your point, but now that could depend on the kind of measure you use : admissions, local currency or US Dollar. In US dollar HP8 is very likely to stay on top!

3 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

HT2 is on the Top 5?! Jesus, your country is really weird :ph34r: 

Well, I don't think it's too hard to beat these two flops, lmfao

As long as 50soG stays out of the Top10, I'm fine.

39 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Venezuela just loves animated movies that's all..

Yes, we do. :P

I'm ok with it.

And in reply to your last question: Idk why is BOM doing that, but I think it's fair. 

Edited by A District 3 Engineer

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

I can see your point, but now that could depend on the kind of measure you use : admissions, local currency or US Dollar. In US dollar HP8 is very likely to stay on top!

Um, what? BD2 earned 54M in USD while HP7/2 only 35M.

35 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Um, what? BD2 earned 54M in USD while HP7/2 only 35M.

I was comparing it to THG, I forgot about Twilight, this franchise is so different from THG and HP I have a tough time putting them into the same category!

1 hour ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

As long as 50soG stays out of the Top10, I'm fine.

Yes, we do. :P

I'm ok with it.

And in reply to your last question: Idk why is BOM doing that, but I think it's fair. 

More than fair! Arthur posted this in the Venezuelan thread :

I just read this in the New York Times :

A movie ticket costs about 380 bolívars. Calculated at the government rate, that is $60. At the black-market rate, it is just 54 cents. Want a large popcorn and soda with that? Depending on how you calculate it, that is either $1.15 or $128.

The minimum wage is 7,421 bolívars a month. That is either a decent $1,178 a month or a miserable $10.60.

--> so the Venezuelan box off numbers are completely false in $. The real numbers are something like 100 times lower

It's completely crazy!!! With the accurate conversion Venezuelan numbers would be ridiculously low!

33 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I was comparing it to THG, I forgot about Twilight, this franchise is so different from THG and HP I have a tough time putting them into the same category!

But you answered Raphael that HP is bigger than Twilight (in Brazil). :ohmyzod:

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

You talked about YA saga, a saga is the combination of all movies from a franchise, not just the last movie to be released. So yes, HP is first and is unlikely to be passed anytime soon...

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

Probably thanks to Vin Diesel.

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

So, this week we have Spectre being released in Brazil and the most anticipated movie on Adorocinema (even if that doesn't mean much a few days before the release), will Brazilians be charmed with Lea Seydoux and Craig? Let's see :ph34r:

Advance ticket sales for the midnight preview and the opening day are very weak, but I'm not sure if that's an indication of how it will do here. I hope it does fine, it has been a very consistent franchise, all previous entries with Daniel Craig were great.

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Advance ticket sales for the midnight preview and the opening day are very weak, but I'm not sure if that's an indication of how it will do here. I hope it does fine, it has been a very consistent franchise, all previous entries with Daniel Craig were great.

Don't worry, Spectre beats Skyfall in Europe for now so we can be optimistic about Spectre in Brazil :)

• Like 1

i really can't follow the Bond series, i feel like quantum of solace was released just yesterday, what the hell is spectre?

i did watch skyfall with my ex-boyfriend in the movies but i'm amazed at how little i remember about it, i only remember a train, an old woman and Adele singing
Funniest thing is that he also doesn't remember shit.

i mean i don't even know why exactly Skyfall was so successful

Edited by JohnnY

34 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

i really can't follow the Bond series, i feel like quantum of solace was released just yesterday, what the hell is spectre?

i did watch skyfall with my ex-boyfriend in the movies but i'm amazed at how little i remember about it, i only remember a train, an old woman and Adele singing
Funniest thing is that he also doesn't remember shit.

i mean i don't even know why exactly Skyfall was so successful

Exactly! That's what I'm always saying to Blur..... I don't have nothing against Bond movies, but they all looks SO similar, I know that it's hard to make something unique after 21 (?) movies, but look to the MI franchise, it's another big action franchise, but we can see the difference between each movie..... About Skyfall: I also don't get why this was so huge, and the only thing that I remember was also the (amazing) Adele intro, lol 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1