Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Credit Suisse's Brazil CEO Sees Crisis Dragging On for Years

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-05/credit-suisse-s-brazil-ceo-sees-crisis-dragging-on-for-years

In Brazil, many captains of finance are unwilling to risk upsetting the government by expressing their concerns publicly about the country’s economic crisis.

Don’t put Jose Olympio Pereira in that group.

Just seconds into an interview in Sao Paulo last week, the CEO of Credit Suisse Group AG’s Brazil unit made his views crystal clear when, in response to a question about the state of affairs in the country, he replied: "we are very bad." And when he says "very bad," he means it. Not only are 2015 and 2016 lost years for the economy, according to Pereira, but the bust could extend through 2017 and even possibly into 2018.

Pereira’s not some newbie foreign executive who was just dropped in to oversee the bank’s local operations. He’s been a fixture in Brazilian banking since the mid-1980s, when he got his start under Jorge Paulo Lemann, the country’s richest man, at Banco Garantia in Rio de Janeiro. One key thing he’s learned over the past three decades is that if policy makers and congressmen in Brasilia don’t feel the full brunt of the crisis, they won’t implement the tough measures -- “massive” spending cuts, more flexible labor laws -- needed to curb the deficit, regain investor confidence and pull the economy out of its funk. That’s precisely the situation he sees today.

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Spectre is at 61% on RT, will it end up rotten?

tumblr_mjgsccW1rp1rei3gfo2_r1_250.gif

The main problem is that the average is dropping quickly. It's 6.4 atm.

2585_ori.gif
Top Critic
Ann Hornaday
Washington Post

November 5, 2015
We don't expect a James Bond film to be deep, but at least we should be dazzled by the seductive gloss of its surfaces. Aside from that stunning opening sequence, this installment feels overcompensating and dutiful.
Full Review | Original Score: 0/4

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You have no idea, I wish I would just fall asleep today and wake up on March 23

henry-cavill-boner2.gif

The bad thing is, when I finally watch, I'll still have to handle the excitement for Suicide Squad, which looks as great as Batman v Superman.

Indeed SS seems quite interesting :) Honestly, if you really love these DC movies then you really should watch Daredevil (the TV show from Netflix), it's very DC in terms of atmosphere and characters despite the fact it's a Marvel character, you'd really love it that's for sure !

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Indeed SS seems quite interesting :) Honestly, if you really love these DC movies then you really should watch Daredevil (the TV show from Netflix), it's very DC in terms of atmosphere and characters despite the fact it's a Marvel character, you'd really love it that's for sure !

I'll watch it some day. Are you excited for Jessica Jones?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'll watch it some day. Are you excited for Jessica Jones?

Yes I am, IGN already gave us a review of the pilot and said it was great, and said the following episode are even better! Netflix is doing such a good job with these Marvel franchises :o

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Wow, I didn't expect that reaction from you o_o

That was really bad. The dumbest villain I've ever seen. Far from Cassino Royale and Skyfall.

I guess if you ignore all the clichè and predictable plot you can enjoy it...

At least Léa was fine.

http://media.tumblr.com/1f52cc39b85063e050a3ad6c6f670400/tumblr_mywjuhopA91qzxeqqo7_250.gif

1 hour ago, Blur said:

That was really bad. The dumbest villain I've ever seen. Far from Cassino Royale and Skyfall.

I guess if you ignore all the clichè and predictable plot you can enjoy it...

At least Léa was fine.

http://media.tumblr.com/1f52cc39b85063e050a3ad6c6f670400/tumblr_mywjuhopA91qzxeqqo7_250.gif

At least you understand its RT score now :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I liked Spectre, is on par with the 3 previous movies, IMO. And it works perfectly as an end for Craig's Bond. Now it's time to hand over the character to Henry Cavill.  :P

He's British, that could work :lol: But apparently the black guy from Pacific Rim is quite a favorite!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I liked Spectre, is on par with the 3 previous movies, IMO. And it works perfectly as an end for Craig's Bond. Now it's time to hand over the character to Henry Cavill.  :P

He can't do both Superman and Bond.