Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Finally watched Peanuts, and....... What a magical movie! I don't even remember the last time that I had such a good feeling watching a movie, everything went SO right, the story was simple but had such a good message, the jokes worked really well, the adventure part was enjoyable, every character had a lot of charisma, there's not even one single annoying character, Charlie Brown was lovely, and Snoopy was easily the best thing on movie, there's not a better definition to him than cutest thing ever, one of the most charismatics characters in the Pop culture, the references to the classic episodes were amazing, it gave the movie such a good nostalgic feeling but without looking generic, the soundtrack was also a spectacle, easily my fave movie of year and tied with IO as best animation of this decade, this movie is the perfect definition to the "magic of cinema", I can't wait for the sequel! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

giphy.gif

how would you rank them then, honey?

I'm a huge Divergent fan, but I admit that my franchise has no relevance, quality, or success, I admit that my franchise born in the shadow of THG and will die in the shadow (actually, it already died), I admit that nobody cares to my franchise, because it's so irrelevant, they don't care now, let alone in few years.

I don't even know what's the thing that I most love in that franchise:

If it's the story that it's just a THG 2.0 full of plot holes

If it's the acting of the actors that are in these movies only because of the money

Or if it's because the action scenes, that are so bad made, even for a B movie 

Thanks, Divergent series, for showing that Twilight was not the worst thing that happened in world! 

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm a huge Divergent fan, but I admit that my franchise has no relevance, quality, or success, I admit that my franchise born in the shadow of THG and will die in the shadow (actually, it already died), I admit that nobody cares to my franchise, because it's so irrelevant, they don't care now, let alone in few years.

I don't even know what's the thing that I most love in that franchise:

If it's the story that it's just a THG 2.0 full of plot holes

If it's the acting of the actors that are in these movies only because of the money

Or if it's because the action scenes, that are so bad made, even for a B movie 

Thanks, Divergent series, for showing that Twilight was not the worst thing that happened in world! 

honey, don't do this, Divergent isn't the best, but it surely ain't the worst. The only reason i put it on par with Twilight is because I liked the BD movies and their franchise had a good end. 

oh, and Divergent's action scenes are the bomb :shades:

Edited by angeldelmito

11 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

honey, don't do this, Divergent isn't the best, but it surely ain't the worst. The only reason i put it on par with Twilight is because I liked the BD movies and their franchise had a good end. 

oh, and Divergent's action scenes are the bomb :shades:

If you're looking for a good action movie, go watch the four Transformers movies 

20 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Finally watched Peanuts, and....... What a magical movie! I don't even remember the last time that I had such a good feeling watching a movie, everything went SO right, the story was simple but had such a good message, the jokes worked really well, the adventure part was enjoyable, every character had a lot of charisma, there's not even one single annoying character, Charlie Brown was lovely, and Snoopy was easily the best thing on movie, there's not a better definition to him than cutest thing ever, one of the most charismatics characters in the Pop culture, the references to the classic episodes were amazing, it gave the movie such a good nostalgic feeling but without looking generic, the soundtrack was also a spectacle, easily my fave movie of year and tied with IO as best animation of this decade, this movie is the perfect definition to the "magic of cinema", I can't wait for the sequel! 

You finally grew up and improved your tastes, it was high time, Peanuts was the perfect movie to reach that milestone :P

• Like 1

the-giant-christ-t_2352863b.jpg

Brazilian box office breaks records in 2015

Total revenue increased by 17.5% as admissions also received boost; local films fare well.

For the tenth consecutive year, the Brazilian box office was up in 2015.

Total revenue increased 17.1% to R$2.3 billion ($500,000,000), while admissions grew 8.5% (with a total of 170.7 million tickets). 

The superhero fantasy Avengers: Age Of Ultron was the box office champion of the year, grossing R$146.1m ($36.2m). In terms of admissions, the Marvel film became the number one opening of all time in Brazil, taking 2.4 million people to cinemas in its first weekend.

Fast And Furious 7, which took the second place in the ranking, totalling R$142.4m ($35.3m), made the most money on an opening weekend, becoming the highest-grossing debut ever, with R$38.1m ($9.4m).

According to the figures released this week by box office service Filme B, it was a good year for domestic films too, with a total box office of R$266m ($66m). The income of Brazilian cinema represented a growth of 16.4% compared to 2014 results, reaching a market share of 11.5%.

By selling 3.7 million tickets and grossing R$ 45.8m ($ 11.3m), the local comedy Loucas Pra Casar, directed by Roberto Santucci, was the favorite local titleamong filmgoers, placing tenth in the top ten highest-grossing films of 2015.

The second most popular domestic film of the year was also a comedy, Cezar Rodrigues’ Vai Que Cola - O Filme, with a gross of R$41.9m ($10.4m), confirming that the genre has been the most successful one for local titles in recent years.

The increase in box office in Brazil is partly attributable to the expansion of the exhibition circuit, which grew 5% in 2015, raising the number of screens from 2,819 to 2,960. The phenomenon of Star Wars: The Force Awakes, which grossed R$ 74.1m ($18.3m) from December 17-31 alone, also contributed to the market growth.

Brazil top ten

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron - R$146.1m ($36.2m)

2. Fast And Furious 7 - R$142.4m ($35.3m)

3. Minions - R$119.9m ($29.7m)

4. Jurassic World - R$90.6 ($22.4m)

5. Fifty Shades of Grey - R$87.5m ($21.7m)

6. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - R$74.1 ($18.3m)

7. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 - R$62.3 ($15.4m)

8. Cinderella - R$50m ($12.4m)

9. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water - R$48.2m ($11.9m)

10. Loucas Pra Casar - R$45.8m ($11.3m)

Source: Filme B

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/brazilian-box-office-breaks-records-in-2015/5098813.article

AT LEAST SOME GOOD NEWS. LET'S ADD THAT TO THE FIRST PAGE ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

jesus, what is happening to the economy

According to the IMF Brazil's economy will have a similar fate than in 2015, the GDP decreasing by 3.5%, it's really brutal because until this month a softer decrease was expected (-2%), Brazil is in the middle of its own Great Recession.

Also we learned that Brazil lost 1.5 million jobs in 2015, the unemployment rate is around 10% and should go well beyond in 2016, compared to 4.6% in 2014.

Nothing joyful, far from it.

Just finished watching Joy (I couldn't wait, I do anything for my Queen), and I'm in ecstasy, motivational is the best way to describe this movie, I know that this is what we expect from biographic movies, but this one is truly special, I had such a special connection with the movie. I read that ppl didn't like the movie because it has too many unlikable characters (Joy's family), are these ppl crazy?? Who the hell don't have annoying persons in a family?! What the hell they expected the movie to show? Perfect persons? It only made Joy's character even more admirable. Everything worked so well, the acting is great, the movie pace never get slow, it has comedy and drama in the right time, and they all work, I don't even need to talk about the message, the message gives FAITH, faith to fight against all and everything, even if the world is falling in your shoulders, Joy showed us that with faith, everything is possible, even if the world tell us that it's impossible, another thing that I loved was the soundtrack, every song fit so well in the movie. What more can I say about the movie? Oh, this interesting actress of course, after this movie, I'm sure, JLaw is not a human, she's a force of nature, she IS the movie, how the hell can a person hate this woman? She's the definition of the word charisma, I almost screamed of happiness when things started going right for Joy, I cried when everything went wrong, how many actress does have this kind of impact these days? To make ppl have this kind of connection with the character? I can only think in one, it's her best work so far, and it means a lot, since she has a career of iconic characters, but we didn't see her acting in any moments, she is Joy, she owned the movie, best movie of by far. After watching this movie, I'm in Joy.

JLAW, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH 

• Like 3