Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

11 hours ago, JohnnY said:

I don't think the movie's hype is only because of the Church. The tv show did get much higer ratings than expected, there is a lot of awereness for this movie, but only from the TV show fans, I guess.

it's IURD though lol i really can't sympathize with them and i wouldn't be surprised if they are doing that, theyre probably the richest religious institution in the country

1 hour ago, xSabrinax said:

THIS.

I'm watching the movie, and I'm not from church, I just loved the TV show.

Also, there was a survey a while back saying that only 20% or 30% of the soap opera audience were religious.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. My mother is a religious, yet she doesn't watch the TV show because she don't like the changes they make from the bible.

The telenovela was a big hit but you guys think it was enough to make millions rush to buy tickets in advance to watch it again in a shortened version? Was it enough to outsell Star Wars, Avengers, Hunger Games and Divergent movies? I really don't think so.

I don't think it's that hard to believe that the movie is making success in it's own, our country is full of religious that watch ANY movie that has something related with the bible, Jesus Christ, even that War Room movie is making success here, and it has little connection with the bible, religious persons are the most loyal fandom in world, it's not hard to believe that they're paying to watch the same thing in the big screen, especially after the HUGE success of the soap opera 

46 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm surprised that these movies was released there at all, I thought you guys only received blockbusters

I'm going to watch both Carol and JOY on Saturday, super hyped 

Don't know what made you think that. In the last 6/7 months that I kept track of, the only commercial movie I remember we didn't get here was Southpaw. The only movies we don't get are the old ones that Cinemark re-releases, because we don't have Cinemark here. But we have an "arthouse"-type cinema that shows movies that aren't released in multiplexes, and Cinépolis always shows two art movies.

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Don't know what made you think that. In the last 6/7 months that I kept track of, the only commercial movie I remember we didn't get here was Southpaw. The only movies we don't get are the old ones that Cinemark re-releases, because we don't have Cinemark here. But we have an "arthouse"-type cinema that shows movies that aren't released in multiplexes, and Cinépolis always shows two art movies.

Because you don't have even a Cinemark or a Playarte there 

6 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Misafeco, you need to a learn a thing: Even if you don't like a thing, you at least need pretend that you liked, because that's what fans do, so, even if you didn't like MJ2, you have to say that it is the best movie that you ever watched!!! 

I don't need to pretend that because i absolutely loved MJ2. Are you satisfied? :P

• Like 1