Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Kongzilla repeats on top, Civil War and Abigail underperform

Movie Industry in Mexico 2018

Final Results

• New record for yearly box office in lc: 16,810M ($874M), 1% increase with 2017. Best year for local movies in lc!
  • Boosted by an increase of 5.8% in ticket prices, but still the 7th cheapest worldwide.
  • Biggest Latin American / Spanish speaking market and #11 in the world.
  • However admissions are down 9% to 332M; attendance per capita is down 6%. 4th largest market in terms of audience, 10th per capita.
  • 440 new screens for a total of 7,182.
  • Top 10 movies:

W6MKkAP.png

http://canacine.org.mx/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Resultados-definitivos´18.pdf

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

PS for Glass looking good for previews, they're getting a big boost since yesterday. Could outgross Split within its first week of release.

Went to see it last night in Imax. It was not 100% full but it was packed and apparently all the other screens had also good attendance.

I think the audience in general liked it (I really, really liked it) so it could have fair "wom" that will be useful to send it above 100M+ 

2 hours ago, carlsalf38 said:

Went to see it last night in Imax. It was not 100% full but it was packed and apparently all the other screens had also good attendance.

I think the audience in general liked it (I really, really liked it) so it could have fair "wom" that will be useful to send it above 100M+ 

Mere curiosity factor could take it to $100M+. One of a great 2019 start, we had no $100M+ openers for january and now we could have two frames in a row with those numbers.

• Glass going to top the chart for the weekend with estimated $80M-$85M opening.
  • Dragon Ball Super: Broly looking to a 80%+ drop from previous frame. Currently over $8.5M USD
  • Aquaman poised to top Iron Man 3 tomorrow afternoon.
Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:
  • Glass going to top the chart for the weekend with estimated $80M-$85M opening.
  • Dragon Ball Super: Broly looking to a 80%+ drop from previous frame. Currently over $8.5M USD
  • Aquaman poised to top Iron Man 3 tomorrow afternoon.

$8.5 million as of what day? Friday?

3 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Friday

I just want to make sense of that because it opened to $6.1 million or is it $6.5 million and sold 2.3 million tickets.

But according to this

https://m.facebook.com/BoxOfficeMexico/photos/a.359196334262188/1123890277792786/?type=3&source=48

5 million people have see it by the 16th. Which doesn't seem right and if it was then the $8.5 million wouldn't seem right.

3 minutes ago, scabab said:

I just want to make sense of that because it opened to $6.1 million or is it $6.5 million and sold 2.3 million tickets.

But according to this

https://m.facebook.com/BoxOfficeMexico/photos/a.359196334262188/1123890277792786/?type=3&source=48

5 million people have see it by the 16th. Which doesn't seem right and if it was then the $8.5 million wouldn't seem right.

Nou, that page don't even have sources like Canacine and always do mere assumptions, which are often wrong. Admissions are close to 3M up to friday and gross close to $8.5M USD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Nou, that page don't even have sources like Canacine and always do mere assumptions, which are often wrong. Admissions are close to 3M up to friday and gross close to $8.5M USD.

Where are you getting that figure from because I can't see it on Canacine.