Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Garfield scratches great $8.4M 6-day OW; safe $2.5M start for The Fall Guy

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

So so far it comes under FK in South Korea, but has a better start than FK in Mexico.

God bless inflation. Aiming $15M-$16M for the 5-Day which is quite on par in admissions with both previous installments. This saga has been really consistent about it.

• Like 1

Daily update from Deadline:

Latin America is overperforming with Mexico adding $2.9M in dino dollars on Friday. JWD ranked No.1 in every theater and had an 84% market share. Friday’s result is the 3rd best of the pandemic, behind Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange In the Multiverse Of Madness. The cume there through yesterday is $8M.

Top Gun: Maverick took a bigger hit owing to JWD, dropping 47%, and cuming $6.4M through yesterday.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Top Gun: Maverick took a bigger hit owing to JWD, dropping 47%, and cuming $6.4M through yesterday.

A -50% but still won't fall off a cliff like most runner-ups do when there's a big release. In lc is running quite close to Fallout which finished over $200M.

Astonishing for Dominion. One of the best internal multi during pandemic times and the best for a big release. Unless there's a really toxic wom should be able to cross $40M.

Great hold for Maverick as well. Looking well to give Fallout a run for its money. Something to notice is that it kept all IMAX screens where maintains strength.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Astonishing for Dominion. One of the best internal multi during pandemic times and the best for a big release. Unless there's a really toxic wom should be able to cross $40M.

Great hold for Maverick as well. Looking well to give Fallout a run for its money. Something to notice is that it kept all IMAX screens where maintains strength.

When is Lightyear and Minions coming to Mexico? Those two are super giant hit to Mexican and I wonder if Maverick can have some peace time after JWD. 

Lightyear on June 16 and Minions on June 29.

Super Saturday, Dominion got a 70% uplift from Friday, with a big boost from families, logging Universal’s top Saturday ever. Maverick also increased 9% on IMAX theatres from last weekend.

Edited by Purple Minion

I mean these movies are usually more backloaded than your average SH/SW/HP title despite being blockbusters and I guess the extra day really benefited it to well spread demand because honestly there's no rush for this.

But I understand; I went on Sunday to a 13;30 show for MOM and the theatre was incredibly packed; there were people still going into my show like 40 minutes after the movie started 

• Like 1