Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Garfield scratches great $8.4M 6-day OW; safe $2.5M start for The Fall Guy

Using FF7 multiplier, TA2's OW would be $25.4M. It'd be the 33rd highest grossing movie ever after just 4 days. But I think it will be higher because of Labour Day holiday today and the sheer amount of theatres showing it.

Henry - yesterday was sort of a holiday, Children's Day, lots of families would have attended.

Edited by Palomito de Maiz
  • Like 2

OMG, it's a sunny and wonderful day so I decide to do a 2-hour walk and that's when I'm doing that that you give numbers, unfair :P

This OD number is fantastic!!! I forecast $25m before and it should really happen :wub:

Just realised that $6.8M is about 2M admissions! That is huge! :o

Damn, in just one day. Ticket prices are really low in that country!

With the same average price than in Brazil that would give $10m+ OD

If this country had normal ticket prices the weekend would be like:

Normaly 27M, that would be like 8M admission

If it had normaly ticket prices of lets say 8.5$, that would make 68M $ Opening, that would be so huge!!

• Like 1

Using FF7 multiplier, TA2's OW would be $25.4M. It'd be the 33rd highest grossing movie ever after just 4 days. But I think it will be higher because of Labour Day holiday today and the sheer amount of theatres showing it.

Henry - yesterday was sort of a holiday, Children's Day, lots of families would have attended.

Thank Palomito ;) I will be happy with a new OW record of "just" $23m

This market obviously still has huge room for growth just from ticket price inflation. 

It will easily pass France, the UK, SK and Germany during the next decade -> good economy, potential inflation and young population, it's quite a winning formula.

Thank Palomito ;) I will be happy with a new OW record of "just" $23m

I really hope it can pass TA1 :wub:

$62m isn't easy to reach but the potential is there.

But avengers did 1.4M more on it's first day, has a holiday on friday isn't is logical to assume it will atleast doe 1.2M more every day than FF7 so that would mean atleast 26.7M $.

Now i see:

At worst 25M

At best 32M

And I am expecting 28.7M opening

Edited by pepsa

Just imagine what would happen in India with ticket prices like U.S.

People will stop going to the movies. The segment of the population which can afford 300-500 rupee tickets is extremely small. Anything above 50 is a detriment in smaller centers.

• Like 1