Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

29 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Compared to NWH, A2 seems to be overperforming in Europe, whereas it's lagging behind in LATAM. 

Avatar was always supposed to be behind NWH in LATAM given that NWH is a top 3 all time in many of the markets. Honestly this is doing slightly better than expected over here IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Compared to NWH, A2 seems to be overperforming in Europe, whereas it's lagging behind in LATAM. 

NWH shouldn't be a comp as @Flamengo81 pointed out; Avatar nostalgia was never going to beat Tobey's nostalgia. Neither Star Wars or even Maverick should be used as comps because they're too low.

I would say Aquaman is the closer one; good opening across the region and the best legs for a December opening since... well first Avatar. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Juby said:

$800m OS by Thursday? $925m OS by January 1st? $1.15b OS by January 8th? Is $1.5b OS possible?

Shame China didn't explode because of covid situation there. And I don't get it what is happening in Japan, but the rest of the markets is doing amazing job for this film. In alternative universe with no covid and no war, this would have clearly got a shot for the biggest gross of all time. For today, #4 best must be enough.

I mean, in order to be the #1 movie OS, it needs to at least become #1 in a few international markets. As of now, is there any market where Avatar looks to become the highest grossing movie either in lc, admits or $?

4 minutes ago, Agafin said:

I mean, in order to be the #1 movie OS, it needs to at least become #1 in a few international markets. As of now, is there any market where Avatar looks to become the highest grossing movie either in lc, admits or $?

A few smaller markets (I think Romania, maybe Czech Republic?) but the main major markets it has a shot at LC is France and South Korea. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Agafin said:

France / South Korea / Czech Republic / NZ / Romania and maybe others idk

• Like 1