Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

7 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

France gross are always estimates. The initial ATP did felt was a lot higher.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood this. Are the est. $93M or the est. $99M as of MON more realistic?

1 minute ago, Andreas said:

Are the est. $93M or the est. $99M as of MON more realistic?

France is admission reporting market. So, you wouldn't know the exact Euro value.

Since, trades use ATP to calculate gross. It seems like people had gone with the High ATP that give $99M. But, it has always been holding true that ATP drops after each weekend due to less demand or else? So the correct figure is $93M not $99M

12 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Sorry, I think I misunderstood this. Are the est. $93M or the est. $99M as of MON more realistic?

A guy from Disney France gave a gross number last time and ATP was $11,85 (€11,15), so we will see today what is the gross by calculating with the admissions

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Eh. These drops are all good, but the weekend numbers are really low. Japan might not even crack $35 M. It's probably the only market where JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION made more. 

Post-pandemically, a lot better among Disney Films. I can't imagine Avatar already reaching 4x legs (OW) against a number of Disney film doing 2x-3x in lifetime.

It's doing alright given where it opened, but where it opened is just too low. For a market as leggy as Japan, the drops are fine/good but certainly not great, and with a start like that you would absolutely need them to be great.

Though would say considering how it started, it's decent enough that it managed to atleast hold well instead of being completely drowned by SD and Suzume I suppose.

Post-pandemically, Avatar is the highest grossing Disney Film in Japan, defeating DS:MOM (¥2.16B).

Post-CoVid-19 Record of Disney - 

1st film to cross ¥1B - Eternals (Dec 2021)

1st film to cross ¥2B - DS:MOM (May 2022)

1st film to cross ¥3B - Avatar (Jan 2023)

But we should not be comparing it to other Disney movies, should we? The comparison should be Avatar. We know it would drop from the first and that the exchange rate wouldn't be good hence the 'just' $100 M predictions. But no, it would deep-dive to a possible $35 M. And with TOP GUN: MAVERICK making $97.3 M there, the possibility of THE WAY OF WATER perfoming solidly has always been there.

4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

OS Tuesday 28m ,insane

Around 40m Worldwide right.

I'm starting to think if Russia was normal and covid wasn't an issue anymore in China like the rest of the world. That the A2 would have make that 3b

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1