Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Charlie just posted on the current weekend thread. We should probably expect early international numbers today.

Sounds good.. ;) ... I have a feeling Pandora will be reaping some good Tallies brother badolCat 🦝🏋‍♀️

We'll Send Them The Message!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

While we wait for proper international numbers, I might as well inquire about how well this movie's performing in my province on its fourth weekend:

As you can see, it's performing surprisingly well for a fourth weekend. It is worth noting the movie was hit hard last weekend because of shortened operating hours to accomodate for New Year's weekend, so a softened drop was always likely for this weekend. It does have to deal with some stiff local competition this weekend, but even in the face of that it's holding on just fine.

PS: The online sales for the smaller theater I'm tracking close half an hour before the showing begins, so I can only track it up to half an hour beforehand. Also, the third and fifth screenshots are of the same showing at different times. The latter is right before the showing starts. Keep these in mind.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

While we wait for proper international numbers, I might as well inquire about how well this movie's performing in my province on its fourth weekend:

As you can see, it's performing surprisingly well for a fourth weekend. It is worth noting the movie was hit hard last weekend because of shortened operating hours to accomodate for New Year's weekend, so a softened drop was always likely for this weekend. It does have to deal with some stiff local competition this weekend, but even in the face of that it's holding on just fine.

PS: The online sales for the smaller theater I'm tracking close half an hour before the showing begins, so I can only track it up to half an hour beforehand. Also, the third and fifth screenshots are of the same showing at different times. The latter is right before the showing starts. Keep these in mind.

Wow that is excellent attendance for 4th weekend. Nice. Where from again brother badolecat?  I think 1.7b OS (maybe much more than that. A2s Os tally will exceed JPW entire ww run!!🥊💪) is happening. 

Over here domestically-folks still can't get enough of Pandora as well.

Do you think A2 can reach 1.8B OS? 🦝👍

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

5 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm from Turkey.

Nice.. I'm glad Turkey loves Avatar 2 and hopefully  you all don't get the weather the northeast got over here. Luckily my area didn't get 6foot or more or snow or floods. Man looked horrible but praise the lord not huge loss of life. Praying for all the families here and around the world that the Most high watch out  and protect them in Jesus/Yeshua name! 🙏

41 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Do you see A2 > A1 in Turkey or unlikely ? I think A1 in Turkey was like 2,5M admits

There definitely is a possibility. This one has been significantly ahead of the first film at equivalent points in time. Its 21-day total, the latest number we have right now, in admits is 600K ahead of the first film's 21-day. There's also a K12 winter break coming up in couple of weeks' time which should help a lot.

To be honest, this is shaping up more and more like Avatar itself. It will not hold as well as that did, but I would not be surprised with something like $1.7b international at this point. Of course, that requires very good legs from here on, but it's looking quite good.