Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

On 1/12/2023 at 6:13 PM, Bruce said:

Remeber NWH set the all-time record here,so this is already beating the record

On 1/12/2023 at 6:04 PM, LPLC said:

How much admits for AEG here ? and is AEG first in rankings ?

Mongolia is growing market after 2013, mostly ~ Also, There are many local movies with 150K + Attendance and One movie about 280k+ Attendance. Avatar 2 can cross it probably.

Highest Attended/Grossing HLW Movies

Thor: Love and Thunder - 121,593

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 114,830

1. No Way Home - 202,310
  2. Avatar: TWoW - 201,809
  3. Avenger Endgame - 153,450
  4. Aquaman - 811,000,000 MNT 

5. Avengers: Infinity war - 779,751,150 MNT

6. Incredibles-2 - 764,976,000 MNT

I will update more little later. Last three Attendance not available.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1

image.png

Actuals Updated till 8th Jan, 2023 ~ I don't think I have missed any countries, hopefully.

*Only two countries are estimated number & One country can be wrong because they over-estimate gross.

**Thailand's Actual are higher but Disney never takes it, so left it with Bangkok Numbers provided by studio.

***Kosova, Luxemburg & Albania's gross are already included with Bigger Countries, so Omitted 'em.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 11
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

image.png

Actuals Updated till 8th Jan, 2023 ~ I don't think I have missed any countries, hopefully.

*Only two countries are estimated number & One country can be wrong because they over-estimate gross.

**Thailand's Actual are higher but Disney never takes it, so left it with Bangkok Numbers provided by studio.

***Kosova, Luxemburg & Albania's gross are already included with Bigger Countries, so Omitted 'em.

Greece should be at ~3.3+ million $ till 8/1 . 330k admits with a ATP somewhere a bit above 9 euros

Edited by Gkalaitza

So how many $100m country for A2? Currently we have China and France, with SK and Germany very likely joining and UK potentially joining. That would be 5 markets, 4 less than the original.  

Five $100M markets would make Avatar 2 the most $100m country since Avatar 1. Ironically EG only got 3.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

So how many $100m country for A2? Currently we have China and France, with SK and Germany very likely joining and UK potentially joining. That would be 5 markets, 4 less than the original.  

Five $100M markets would make Avatar 2 the most $100m country since Avatar 1. Ironically EG only got 3.  

I think you are correct, it lost Japan, Russia, Spain and Australia.

Germany will join this weekend.

Endgame hat China, UK and SK.

TFA had UK, China and Germany

NWH only got 1 (the UK).

Is there anymore outside of Titanic that managed 5? And Avatar that got 9.

A lot of movies end their run with 1 international market above 100m (mostly china, if not the UK/Japan/France).

(and the US is also above 100m🤪.)

• Like 3

On 1/13/2023 at 12:41 AM, Gkalaitza said:

Greece should be at ~3.3+ million $ till 8/1 . 330k admits with a ATP somewhere a bit above 9 euros

I wasn't sure of ATP there. 

Minions has 340k Admits & Studio Gross is $2.17m, so ATP -  $6.38

Violent Night's studio gross also says about 7.4$ ATP.

So, I simply took average.  Will wait for Studio gross- if they ever present it to update on that. Or, if you are very sure of 9$ - I can update... Anyway, Greece News - I get from here: 330,949 Admits. 

Spoiler

Friday (36,621) even surpassed Saturday (34,329) in attendance, with Thursday and Sunday (26,760 and 26,297, respectively) maintaining similar dynamics. In addition, viewers had a somewhat richer choice of film titles (regardless of the quality of the films...) and felt the need to prefer big screen entertainment (after the... binge eating and related late nights of the previous festive days). Five of the week's new movies climbed into the top 10 (which saw a rise of +64% !), while only one of the rest saw its ratings drop. As a result, the total so far stands at 330,949 tickets~

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I wasn't sure of ATP there. 

Minions has 340k Admits & Studio Gross is $2.17m, so ATP -  $6.38

Violent Night's studio gross also says about 7.4$ ATP.

SO, I simply took average.  Will wait for Studio gross- if they ever present it to update on that. Or, if you are very sure of 9$ - I can update...

Tickets for minors range from being at a 25% discount to being half price so Minion's ATP is pretty deflated. Regular 2d screens for a movie like Violent Night are usualy at 7.5-8 Euro ATP but various 1+1 discounts , college student discounts push it down . Avatar is VERY 3D heavy (75% of screenings are 3d and/or plf and i'd say at least 50% of tickets sold) where the ATP is at least 9-9.5+ Euro. Also less college age and younger skewing to take advantage of many discounts. So it should average out at 9+$ ATP . I even think a gross figure was given after the first weekend by someone else where the ATP was at 10$

The way of water collect 24.28m lc in Serbia on its 4th week,overall it's gross 154m,5th highest grossing film of all-time and highest grossing HLW film here

TOP GROSSING HLW FILM IN SERBIA

1 Avatar:the way of water 154m

2 Joker 127m

3 Spiderman-No way home 110m

4 The lion king 107m

5 Avatar 99m

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Shanks said:

image.png

Where's your LA data came from?

I think some of its is so high and some is bit low

DL Report in LA Avatar cross 131m ,this chart missing 6m

This is charlie's Avatar OW in LA

Avatar: The Way of Water Weekend

Mexico - $13.53M (3.33M admits)

Brazil - $8.63M (1.97M)

Colombia - $2.98M (957K)

Central America - $2.62M (398K) [Costa Rica $832K, Panama $687K, Guatemala $504K, Honduras $270K & El Salvador $240K]

Peru - $2.51M (507K)

Argentina - $2.37M (314K)

Chile - $2.35M (345K)

Ecuador - $1.23M (184K)

Bolivia - $542K (74K)

Uruguay - $228K (32K)

Trinidad - $210K (27K)

Paraguay - $121K (18K)

Rest of LATAM - $15.16M (2.86M)

Total - $37.32M (8.16M admits)

Edited by Bruce
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bruce said:

Where's your LA data came from?

I think some of its is so high and some is bit low (Care to explain?)

DL Report in LA Avatar cross 131m ,this chart missing 6m

This is charlie's Avatar OW in LA

Avatar: The Way of Water Weekend (Till 8th)

Mexico - $13.53M (3.33M admits)   44.5m 

Brazil - $8.63M (1.97M)    31.5m

Colombia - $2.98M (957K) 10m

Central America - $2.62M (398K) [Costa Rica $832K, Panama $687K, Guatemala $504K, Honduras $270K & El Salvador $240K]   4.73m (1.32m Admits) [Nicaraguan was included here]  

Peru - $2.51M (507K)  5.9m  (1.89m Admits)

Argentina - $2.37M (314K)  9.3m 

Chile - $2.35M (345K)   8.37m 

Ecuador - $1.23M (184K) 5m 

Bolivia - $542K (74K) 3.7m   

Uruguay - $228K (32K)  0.26m (Don't have updates here after 1st week but it can't be more than $1m)

Trinidad - $210K (27K)    

Paraguay - $121K (18K)  Paraguay (+ Trinidad) - $1.48m

R Dominique - $180k (The final numbers of R. D will includes few more Island Countries, but I took what I got~)

Rest of LATAM - $15.16M (2.86M)  <---- This REST is what I don't have because I don't know, what exactly is Rest or how many countries it includes. Also, If you go by logic of Increase that happened all over LA, The Rest of LATAM should be equal to atleast $40M+ now

7 hours ago, Bruce said:

Total - $37.32M (8.16M admits)

So, You can insert Deadline's $6m into REST of LATAM, wherever that is.

Even though by above numbers, it won't be just $6M but atleast twice or thrice of what it was in OW. so, Around $40m-$50m. And, that means Latin America is at 170m (which is not the case)

Edited by Shanks

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

So, You can insert Deadline's $6m into REST of LATAM, wherever that is.

Even though by above numbers, it won't be just $6M but atleast twice or thrice of what it was in OW. so, Around $40m-$50m. And, that means Latin America is at 170m (which is not the case)

Depends on Charlie’s OW number,Central America open with 2.6m but only 4.7m after 8th Jan?And Bolivia Open with just $542k and gross $3.7m till 8th Jan

4 hours ago, Bruce said:

Depends on Charlie’s OW number,Central America open with 2.6m but only 4.7m after 8th Jan?And Bolivia Open with just $542k and gross $3.7m till 8th Jan

They should be taken with grain of salt since they're guesstimates and not really proper numbers, especially as Disney always mess up with estimates and end up adjusting even weeks after.

Edited by Carlangonz

14 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

They should be taken with grain of salt since they're guesstimates and not really proper numbers, especially as Disney always mess up with estimates and end up adjusting even weeks after.

This is confuesd,maybe we can only wait Charlie give us number