YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Pixar does it again!

44 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I wonder how many reviews will compare this to Turning Red, the other Pixar movie with a 13 year old girl protag.

If so, I wonder if they will bring it down for some people.

Incredibles is probably the best in terms of overall execution.The dialogue,pacing,and production design in particular are among the best of any film whether it be live action or animated.Although I think both inside out and soul are my favorite in terms of idea and ambition with its themes.

14 minutes ago, Melosh said:

Incredibles is probably the best in terms of overall execution.The dialogue,pacing,and production design in particular are among the best of any film whether it be live action or animated.Although I think both inside out and soul are my favorite in terms of idea and ambition with its themes.

Oh,Ratatouille is among my favorites as well.

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

I wonder how many reviews will compare this to Turning Red, the other Pixar movie with a 13 year old girl protag.

I think Riley is a bit older then that, she was around 13 in the first film.

I think the comparasions will be with the first film.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think Riley is a bit older then that, she was around 13 in the first film.

I think the comparasions will be with the first film.

All promotional material I've seen says that Riley is 13 in Inside Out 2... what are you talking about?

MixCollage-27-Nov-2023-09-55-AM-9293.jpg

Edited by cannastop

10 minutes ago, Eric the IF said:

Riley is way too damn old to eat a Happy Meal lol what is this

You think Disney is going to pass up the opportunity for MdDoncald to give free advertising for this movie?

54 minutes ago, Eric the IF said:

Riley is way too damn old to eat a Happy Meal lol what is this

Why are people annoyed? 

Despicable Me 4 Happy Meals with Minions toys coming right after Inside Out Happy Meals for sure.

16 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Holy shit. No self respecting 13 year old is eating a happy meal. LOL

Does nobody on here know any kids. I'm begging you all to learn what kids like.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Does nobody on here know any kids. I'm begging you all to learn what kids like.

perhaps that’s why kids films are always underestimated by this forum. Tracking wasn’t hot for Kung Fu Panda and was pointing to a 35-40m opening and it opened to 58m, only 2 million behind the original film. I also think the same thing is happening with Garfield and Inside Out 2 (to a lesser extent for the latter)

Posted (edited)

I can't speak on the Happy Meal thing, although I know McDonald's has been attempting to rebrand in recent years as an "elevated" fast food experience. I do think some more common sense ought to come into play regarding tracking. Most families aren't gonna be buying tickets for any movie a month in advance, it's often touch and go if they can even commit to watching a movie beginning in an hour. Purchase patterns aren't gonna be the same as comic book or action blockbusters.

Edited by AniNate

26 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

perhaps that’s why kids films are always underestimated by this forum. Tracking wasn’t hot for Kung Fu Panda and was pointing to a 35-40m opening and it opened to 58m, only 2 million behind the original film. I also think the same thing is happening with Garfield and Inside Out 2 (to a lesser extent for the latter)

Right, but that was b/c it wasn't a kid draw - from Deadline - "67% of the audience between 13-24. 18-24 year olds showed up at a massive 48%"  Aka, its demo was more a horror movie draw than an animated one.  Minions was even more skewed, but that's kinda what it was...it overperformed b/c it was a high school/college hit!

• Disbelief 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Right, but that was b/c it wasn't a kid draw - from Deadline - "67% of the audience between 13-24. 18-24 year olds showed up at a massive 48%"  Aka, its demo was more a horror movie draw than an animated one.  Minions was even more skewed, but that's kinda what it was...it overperformed b/c it was a high school/college hit!

18-34 and you’d be quite shocked to know there’s a decent amount of twenty something and thirty something parents. We don’t really get breakdown on kids-parents dynamic anymore from DHD. Elemental even had 66% between 18-34, although do doubt 18-24 was as big.

Actually - DHD’s weekend breakdown was this “The Jack Black-voiced franchise also brought out a big 18-34 quotient and, despite the fourthquel being years later, that fanboy segment, older and younger, continued to be vibrant for the IP with ages 18-34 accounting for 48% of the audience and 18-24 at 27%.” I believe you’re looking at OD demographics which should skew more teen/YA.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 1