YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

23 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I mean, you also forget how many people want to see Disney fail big enough to actually take a noticeable tumble. 

It seems like Christmas to those people. Some of these people make my skin crawl with the barely concealed joy they seem to have with Disney/Marvel Lucas Film ect struggles.

3 hours ago, Grand Cine said:

Maybe he could benefit of this , i hope because the beginning of the presales ( even if it's very early for a animated movie) isn't good

I wouldn't take anything away from the sales now... like I pointed out there are some major sites that don't have listings yet.

46 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

the audience this film is going for won't buy squat 6 weeks in advance. doubt this will get a daily tracking anyway which would be worthless. just take a close look at how it's doing in the last, say, 2 weeks.

yeah, but also Disney hasn't even acknowledged that presales started at all, so how are people even supposed to know?

Edited by Youngstar
  • Like 2

I think it's too early to say something good or not for Wish . I really enjoy the trailer ( especially the second) , i would like to listen to the music even if it's complicated to go after the juggernaut Encanto ( the last animated-musical movie of Disney) . The only issue for me is the timing of Disney and the lack of promotion ( they don't make announcement of the opening of presales), i think Wish in the papers has a lot more potentiel than The Marvels and Disney will prefer to promote a lot more for the latter , they made the same mistake with Elemental/Indiana Jones and he saw the result .

There's a big promotional event on tv tomorrow on ABC. I do think the campaign for what it is so far has been a lot more focused than Elemental's. 

I hesitate to say it absolutely needs fantastic reviews given Elemental's comeback, but they definitely wouldn't hurt to drum up hype. I suspect Disney might prefer to wait until closer to release for press screenings though since Cannes blew up in their face.

Edited by AniNate

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

There's a big promotional event on tv tomorrow on ABC. I do think the campaign for what it is so far has been a lot more focused than Elemental's. 

I hesitate to say it absolutely needs fantastic reviews given Elemental's comeback, but they definitely wouldn't hurt to drum up hype. I suspect Disney might prefer to wait until closer to release for press screenings though since Cannes blew up in their face.

I think Cannes blew up both Indiana Jones' and Elemental's ad campaigns before they even began. I don't think they ever expected for critics to take off their kid gloves for either film, since Cannes has been known to give people 5 minute standing ovations for films that end up being, well, not great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

I predict it will get the same level of reviews as Encanto did and it really won't matter and it Wish will make $300m dom

28 minutes ago, cannastop said:

well they gave them the standing ovations and then went back to write bad reviews.

What's that all about? Is it because Disney prioritized their streaming service during the pandemic?

This isn't just a Disney thing, but it feels like a lot more critics are more hostile toward films and studios that prioritize streaming services over theatrical. But I digress...

1 minute ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

What's that all about? Is it because Disney prioritized their streaming service during the pandemic?

This isn't just a Disney thing, but it feels like a lot more critics are more hostile toward films and studios that prioritize streaming services over theatrical. But I digress...

Nah... I think it's just a cannes thing. If they wanted to punish streaming movies they'd have trashed Turning Red.