YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Normally I'd be annoyed at drip content for a soundtrack but I'm ookay with the lead up here because I want this to do well.

My thoughts exactly give it to me all at once or wait until release. However, everything is riding on Wish from Disney in particular, their relevancy as not just an animation studio but their relevancy at the box office. 

Think this is the right move to do and hopefully a song catches on.

• Like 1

I think a campaign strategy that favors "avoiding spoilers" would do more harm to this movie than good. We all have a pretty good idea how it's going to go, but as long as they don't literally leak the whole thing there's still the selling point of the entire 90 minute narrative experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

I think a campaign strategy that favors "avoiding spoilers" would do more harm to this movie than good. We all have a pretty good idea how it's going to go, but as long as they don't literally leak the whole thing there's still the selling point of the entire 90 minute narrative experience.

Disney never has given a shit about spoilers for the animated movies... they release book adaptions in advance that give away the whole plot.

4 hours ago, cannastop said:

Disney never has given a shit about spoilers for the animated movies... they release book adaptions in advance that give away the whole plot.

Well since a lot of Disney animated films are based on well known stories that have been out for a long time....

This has the same thing in it's favor that "Wonka" does; it is pure escapist entertainment, and people will want that given the truly massive amount of Shit coming our way fast. See the news for details.

39 minutes ago, Morieris said:

hearing a song that's been stuck in your head for more than a year lol

It's a nice song, starts a bit slowly, some words in it feel a bit odd, but the chorus is pretty good and just feels right.

No idea if it's going to break out though, I'm not good at judging that at all

• Like 1

Julia Michaels does come from that world, so that's probably the expectation that should be set.

I like the song, the recording does flow better overall than the live performance. I can at least understand it becoming a pop hit better than We Don't Talk About Bruno.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eric Mouse said:

Ehhhh, this has some awkward flow to it. Also feels more like a Swift/Perry song than a Disney tune (Which I mean, for the record, I'm sure that's the intention)

I was thinking "This melody sounds like something from a T.Swift album" at the "i'm past dipping my toes in" part.

• Like 1