Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

he's a penaldo fan maybe

Even if he doesn't like Argentina or Messi calling the game travesty is going overboard. The game was intense and bitterly fought till the end. It has drama, suspense and rollercoaster of emotions. It is one of the best games of all time. At one point even I had given up thinking France is going to win it but situation changed. And the rest is history.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

What kind of sport decides to settle overtime by penalty kicks anyway? If people like the gameplay of soccer have you considered determining a winner via additional soccer gameplay?

That's what the extra 30 minutes of extra time is for. 

Generally there are 90 minutes of gameplay. This game had 28 minutes of added time plus 30 minutes of extra time. Thats nearly an hour of time over the normal 90 minutes. That is more than enough time.

Another thing you have to understand is that this game is very physically taxing with players running around a lot. You cannot simply have the game going on endless waiting for a goal. Player performances will go down over time, the risk of injury will rise as well as the risk of getting booked (a yellow or red and potentially missing the next matches).

Besides penalty shootouts are very tense and imo a good way to end a game

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

What kind of sport decides to settle overtime by penalty kicks anyway? If people like the gameplay of soccer have you considered determining a winner via additional soccer gameplay?

That was my thought. It's like deciding an NFL game by field goals. Why not just do a hard OT (after extra time) with the 1st to to score gets the win?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

Do you not follow the game? Extra time was already alloted. I mean if we go by adding extra time the game will go on longer. 

Just now, Nero said:

Even if he doesn't like Argentina or Messi calling the game travesty is going overboard. The game was intense and bitterly fought till the end. It has drama, suspense and rollercoaster of emotions. It is one of the best games of all time. At one point even I had given up thinking France is going to win it but situation changed. And the rest is history.

Dude it's called sarcasm, i don't even watch it much, never watched a whole Soccer match in my life.

Only watched Semi Finals and now Final for around 40-50 minutes.

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

potentially missing the next matches).

My understanding is that this was not a large problem in this instance.

Of course really problem is downstream of playing a sport where people don’t score enough ;) 

Just now, Korra Legion said:

Of course really problem is downstream of playing a sport where people don’t score enough ;) 

Now this was a fairly one sided boring game till 80 minutes and then for last 40 minutes full on excitement with 4 goals.

Most Football matches are boring, with many of them don't see many goals throughout 90 minutes, some matches go on for 120 minutes with no or only 1 or 2 goals. 

3 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

Maybe not but you can't simply change the rules for final game. Also in finals there's lot of pressure on players they get mentally exhausted as well. So just increasing the game length is not the way to go. Also the game got to penalty shootout out means it was very closely fought which can't go on any longer. It's most taxing physically

Just now, BluKyberCrystal said:

Messi just lifted the trophy. 15 mins from 11am on the west coast. Let's see who's somber enough to go see Avatar.

The French might need to forget that today existed. Losing an World Cup when you have an awful team like in 2014 stings, losing for a team that it’s arguably your equal might sting even harder, like when Brazil lost to France in 1998.

The South remembers, France.

• Like 1