Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

super mario and spider-verse 2 will do well as fanboy properties. think Elemental and Wish should be sweating a little bit.

Yeah that's basically my thought process. Those two are tailor-made for the biggest moviegoing demographic at the moment and will probably thrive without needing too much money from kids and families. But every other animated movie this year...yeah, they're dead as a doornail.

Just now, Eric in Boots said:

Yeah that's basically my thought process. Those two are tailor-made for the biggest moviegoing demographic at the moment and will probably thrive without needing too much money from kids and families. But every other animated movie this year...yeah, they're dead as a doornail.

Mental to think about, though i wish them success.

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

super mario and spider-verse 2 will do well as fanboy properties. think Elemental and Wish should be sweating a little bit.

4 minutes ago, Eric in Boots said:

I’m pleasantly surprised with Super Mario Bros. It went from why this exists? Why Chris Pratt? to my top 10 most anticipated films of 2023. It looks really good, Pratt’s performance as Mario included, which is even more surprising.

As for other animated films: I hope Papa Iger will help Pixar to go back as the kings of the genre.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m bookmarking this, Eric.

You are doomed to eat crow in 2023. Like Far From Home and No Way Home, Across the Spider-Verse will break $1B. More than double of what the first one did.

That's gonna require triple though (rounding a bit)

It's a lot in a very crowded Summer. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

You are doomed to eat crow in 2023. Like Far From Home and No Way Home, Across the Spider-Verse will break $1B. More than double of what the first one did.

You should make a club for that

so I can go out, that is

26 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

If we searched for your TASM 1&2 predictions, what would we find?

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Wish practically sells itself by being a Princess musical. Elemental is a bit more of a wild card but it has an easy premise to market.

34 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Miles Morales as Spider-Man is today almost as popular as Peter Parker thanks to Into the Spider-Verse and the PS4 and PS5 games. Across the Spider-Verse will be the third Spider-Man film to make it over $1B. 

34 minutes ago, Eric in Boots said:

lmao wat

29 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Add me to the "lmao wat" group because ATSV is not making $1B. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I watched the first season of Daredevil and thought it was pretty good, but the only thing I really remember is Kingpin smashing the guy's head in a car door.

That’s not just what Daredevil should be. The level of violence of something like The Batman is more than enough. I’m confident that they will knock it out of the park. One of the most hilarious comic book writers was able to write one of the most important chapters of Matt’s life in Chip Zdarsky, what I’m curious is how and if they will reintroduce Elektra. I don’t care if it’s a recast, but I need his most recent comic book run adapted eventually.

35 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I think Trolls 3 could do well as kids like it, and Comcast normally knows how to seek animation so Migration could do low 100s.

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

If we searched for your TASM 1&2 predictions, what would we find?

Sadness and hurt. I don’t care because TASM was redeemed wit NWH.

1 minute ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

Add me to the "lmao wat" group because ATSV is not making $1B. 

Let’s make 2023 interesting then.

37 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Miles Morales as Spider-Man is today almost as popular as Peter Parker thanks to Into the Spider-Verse and the PS4 and PS5 games. Across the Spider-Verse will be the third Spider-Man film to make it over $1B. 

I don't know if this is copium or you think the internet bubble actually matches up well with reality. And EVEN THERE I doubt this is true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I don't know if this is copium or you think the internet bubble actually matches up well with reality. And EVEN THERE I doubt this is true.

I legit think that Across the Spider-Verse is going to break out. I will have a club going into 2023. 

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

80 pages.

Wow.

Puss in Boots is rightfully regarded as an event here.

It deserves to be. :qotd:

Edited by ZattMurdock