Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

I mean that's a fact. Earthquake could be happening on earth in some part of the world. But that's not the case in India and Japan for now. Someone had already asked about this before and you had shared that India Today link that's why I'm telling you.

I keep track of typhoons and volcano biblical signs and  events. So I wouldn't mention it if I didn't get reports. 

35 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

So what is everyones Number 1 most anticipated movie of next year? Mine is actually not 65, but Indy 5 since i have the feeling (and pure hope) that it will be a banger.

1. The Marvels

2. Barbie

3. Magic Mike: Last Dance 

Dungeons & Dragons

5. Creed III

John Wick 4

Quantumania

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have a doubt for the box office pros to answer me: Black Panther and Wakanda Forever are both gonna end with the same total of admissions here in Portugal (around 305.000 tickets sold for each movie), so when checking BOM I was expecting to see a difference because of exchange rates. However, that is not the case, as the amount is pretty much the same between both as well. What could case this? IMAX and 4DX were already a thing back in 2018 so it can't be that.

Have tickets increased in local currency price? Seems like general inflation in Portugal since 2018 is ~11% which would counteract most of ER change if atp followed suit

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have a doubt for the box office pros to answer me: Black Panther and Wakanda Forever are both gonna end with the same total of admissions here in Portugal (around 305.000 tickets sold for each movie), so when checking BOM I was expecting to see a difference because of exchange rates. However, that is not the case, as the amount is pretty much the same between both as well. What could case this? IMAX and 4DX were already a thing back in 2018 so it can't be that.

Black Panther - €1.727.988,70 (305.676 admits) €5.64 tix

Wakanda Forever - €1.922.781,90 (302.199 admits) €6.36 tix

WF is bigger grosser due to inflation. BOM probably have them listed similar because of ER. In USD, WF is $2.01M vs BP $2.13M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Actually fellow shared India Today link before but he forgot to check the date it was March 2022 and that was in Japan 

That date was India dec 25th minor but they've been saying up to 5.0 to 6 could be expected in japan and India. Cali also seems to be getting an increase of these as well. 

What's alarming is 600 additional  volcanoes becoming active and that's stated in our kjv. And euprates river drying up. 🦝😱

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Actually fellow shared India Today link before but he forgot to check the date it was March 2022 and that was in Japan 

9 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

We did? I did not realize we had an earthquake in India recently lol. Nothing in the news either. Are you pulling this out of your ass

India has had 2253 earthquakes above 1.0 in the last year.  The USA has had over 60,000.  They are more common than people realize.  Most do not do any damage and are barely felt.   So, it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary for the region. 

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/india.html

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/usa.html

1 minute ago, DC Rich said:

India has had 2253 earthquakes above 1.0 in the last year.  The USA has had over 60,000.  They are more common than people realize.  Most do not do any damage and are barely felt.   So, it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary for the region. 

Claiming that India and Japan had earthquake and avatar is still putting butts in theatres seems like a reach to me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cap said:

1. The Marvels

2. Barbie

3. Magic Mike: Last Dance 

Dungeons & Dragons

5. Creed III

John Wick 4

Quantumania

1. The Marvels

2. Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania

3. MI 7

4. GOTG3

5. Fast X

Honourable mention- Aquaman 2, John Wick 4 & Dune 2

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Have tickets increased in local currency price? Seems like general inflation in Portugal since 2018 is ~11% which would counteract most of ER change if atp followed suit

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Black Panther - €1.727.988,70 (305.676 admits) €5.64 tix

Wakanda Forever - €1.922.781,90 (302.199 admits) €6.36 tix

WF is bigger grosser due to inflation. BOM probably have them listed similar because of ER. In USD, WF is $2.01M vs BP $2.13M.

There we go, 13% 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC Rich said:

Big ones are on the horizon so we all gotta be on alert depend how many of the  mini ones causing miniature plate shifts. Too many and the area can get those level 6-9 ones. Scary stuff. Had some friends clear out of Cali for instance when I showed them docs on what eventually happens with 3.5s-7s happening especially when on fault lines.

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

Claiming that India and Japan had earthquake and avatar is still putting butts in theatres seems like a reach to me. 

They have had typoons during the first one I rem and some folks still came out i believe.  Definitely not a stretch .lol  There are zany but awesome fans of this franchise 

No Limit Buffet GIF

Upstate last year  several die hard Cameron fans tried to get me to go to Avatar in a snowstorm that gave the area 5-8feet of snow. So don't think what you all experience represents some of the avatar fans dedication. Me I'm not risking going out in no storm for any film. Food for my wife and kids if God moved me to give to someone yes.......  Even Titanic the movie ..Heck No😂 .

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

49 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

4. Oppenheimer = Nolan. Need I say more.

Counterpoint: Tenet.

But I'm excited too lol. Throw Indy 5, Dead Reckoning, Mario, and Killers of the Flower Moon onto my list while you're at it

Edited by Dragoncaine

Avatar is 3rd in admits in Japan with barely over half the admits of the films in top 2 (both of which released PRIOR to A2) - so sheldon saying A2 is "putting butts in the seats despite the earthquakes" in Japan is just immensely funny

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

So what is everyones Number 1 most anticipated movie of next year? Mine is actually not 65, but Indy 5 since i have the feeling (and pure hope) that it will be a banger.

2023 looks crazy right now. beau is afraid, napoleon, oppenheimer, killers of the flower moon, mann's ferrari, The Killer, new yorgos, megalopolis (?), spider-verse, dune 2, wonka, mission impossible, barbie, bernstein. And of course, the new feature from the maestro himself - Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Big ones are on the horizon so we all gotta be on alert depend how many of the  mini ones causing miniature plate shifts. Too many and the area can get those level 6-9 ones. Scary stuff. Had some friends clear out of Cali for instance when I showed them docs on what eventually happens with 3.5s-7s happening especially when on fault lines.

Everyone talks about California and San Andreas, but the Cascadia subduction zone is where the real shit is.