XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Will another SW movie do it? Or another Avatar?

I actually dont know. Maybe a new SW movie if say 10, 11, and 12 were greenlit like 10 years from now or somehting.

I dont think a AVATAR film will do it, unless like the first 2 weekends were storm ravaged or something.

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I actually dont know. Maybe a new SW movie if say 10, 11, and 12 were greenlit like 10 years from now or somehting.

I dont think a AVATAR film will do it, unless like the first 2 weekends were storm ravaged or something.

I think a SW movie can do it but with a big name this time.

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

The only hard truth is that it needs to be the Holy Alignment™️ - Dec 18th release date.  

• Like 5

Just now, Deep Wang said:

The only hard truth is that it needs to be the Holy Alignment™️ - Dec 18th release date.  

Yeah idk why some people were saying weekday Christmas is the best alignment. Having Christmas Eve and New Years Eve on the least productive day of the week and Boxing Day on the most productive day of the week is literally the perfect outcome

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheddar Please said:

Yeah idk why some people were saying weekday Christmas is the best alignment. Having Christmas Eve and New Years Eve on the least productive day of the week and Boxing Day on the most productive day of the week is literally the perfect outcome

Yeah but if Christmas Eve and New year Eve fall on a weekday, the weekends will still be huge.

Updated I Wanna Dance With Somebody box office:

Domestic Box Office    $16,020,000 (incl. Monday)   
International Box Office    $13,100,000    
Worldwide Box Office    $29,120,000

Still not released in Mexico, Brazil, other Latin America countries, etc.  I have a feeling that it will end up with a good total thanks to the international numbers... In the UK it's doing amazing...

Edited by wboxoffice

Just now, Cheddar Please said:

Well, I think there is some merit it to that, but when talking pure weekend gross it's gotta be Dec 18th.  There is nothing to stop those weekends from hulking out.  It was awesome seeing it with Avatar and TFA consecutively and it's a shame we missed what it would have done in 2020.