charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

5 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Has the meta changed yet. Is the general consensus that Avatar is underperforming still a thing?

Funny thing, the discourse in one of my work slack movie channels is people thinking it was kind of a dud bc of the first weekend headlines… the GA don’t really have any clue how box office can work and are used to going by an opening weekend headline. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Curious have you seen Avatar now?What’s your feeling?

yeah seen it once

will see it once more on friday (in hfr)

Dont really know how to rate it, I was a bit bored during the first half of the movie and its only after the tracker scene that it really clicked for me, after which I was 1000% on board with everything it did; if you tried to force an objective score out of me I might spit out a 7 or an 8 at most, but looking back, I was so fond of movie and its characters that I appreciate even the boring parts and would have been fine with it going on for another hour or two, its closer a 9 in my heart; despite its many flaws, I find it to be a sweet movie, and that goes a long way

Spoiler

The little girl's "Sully's stick together" really touched my heart

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yeah seen it once

Dont really know how to rate it, I was a bit bored during the first half of the movie and its only after the tracker scene that it really clicked for me, after which I was 1000% on board with everything it did; if you tried to force an objective score out of me I might spit out a 7 or an 8 at most, but looking back, I was so fond of movie and its characters that I appreciate even the boring parts and would have been fine with it going on for another hour or two, its closer a 9 in my heart; despite its many flaws, I find it to be a sweet movie, and that goes a long way

I felt the same way after my first screening at around an 8, but now I'm an 8.5-9. The characters are so, so charming and the emotions are so high on a second viewing. Really looking forward to seeing what you think upon rewatch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yeah seen it once

Reveal hidden contents

I agree that character building is better than first one

Story is OK,have some logic bug but if you ignore these is doesn’t effect cinema experience that much

What make me feel bad is the terrible movie plot and cut,make me can’t beleve this is James Cameron movie,for example,in that Lo'ak and giant whale part,the scene lo’ak saved by that whale and passed out ,and just one second,lo’ak wake up and lay his body on that giant whale,give you no break for the getting accustomed to the enviroment change,is really weird feeling

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I felt the same way after my first screening at around an 8, but now I'm an 8.5-9. The characters are so, so charming and the emotions are so high on a second viewing. Really looking forward to seeing what you think upon rewatch!

It gets better on 2nd viewing.

• Like 2