charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Speaking just for me, i completely agree with you that because of the length of the movie, Avatar 2 should see a big weekend jump, but i do think many posters here use other movies just as reference norms in order to get a realistic/plausible picture for the run.

In other words, box office phenomenons are only then really phenomenons when they "break the rules" in some form, i.e. they conistently outperform expectations. Those expectations are generated by comps with other movies. So i really appreciate for example @M37's statistics and numbers, because they paint a good and understandable picture for a "realistic" way forward for Avatar and if its actual numbers exceed them, well, thats just further proof then that it is a phenomenon.

Season 3 Thank You GIF by The Office

Trying to live up to your title in my profile 

• Like 1

I think if it does indeed do $40-42m, the best comparison becomes The Force Awakens, which after a $42m fourth weekend, ahead of a fifth MLK 4-day weekend, did another $124m. Though TFA did suffer some winter storms at the end of January. IMO, $625-675m would seem like a reasonable final gross for Ava2ar off of a $40m weekend.

• Like 2