CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

As long as Puss in Boots makes above $3.25M today we're G and square.

The day when it hits 100M DOM will be a good day. All the doomposting on its OW turned on its head.

The power of good WOM when you actually make an amazing film. Im an example of this myself: I had no interest whatsoever to see it, but then i learned about the outstanding reception and that made me go see it. I imagine a similar story applys to a lot of people.

• Like 4
  • Heart 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The day when it hits 100M DOM will be a good day. All the doomposting on its OW turned on its head.

The power of good WOM when you actually make an amazing film. Im an example of this myself: I had no interest whatsoever to see it, but then i learned about the outstanding reception and that made me go see it. I imagine a similar story applys to a lot of people.

Imagine if it manages to reach Sing 2’s total 

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Imagine if it manages to reach Sing 2’s total 

Id say 160M seems hard to reach but when a movie has a 3rd weekend that is looking like it will outgross its Opening Weekend ... the bets are off. Would be great to see in any case, but im leaning more towards a 130-140Mish total right now.

Just now, Brainbug said:

Id say 160M seems hard to reach but when a movie has a 3rd weekend that is looking like it will outgross its Opening Weekend ... the bets are off. Would be great to see in any case, but im leaning more towards a 130-140Mish total right now.

Is the PVOD going to drag it down? What are we looking at for the weekend 11-13M and what for next weekend 7-9M?

Just now, Ronin46 said:

Is the PVOD going to drag it down? What are we looking at for the weekend 11-13M and what for next weekend 7-9M?

PVOD doesnt have the same damaging affect as a VOD-release and coupled with the strong WOM, i dont see too many people using that option instead of making a trip to theaters. A small negative effect though cant be ruled out.

For this weekend, depending on the Friday increase, i think a range of 11,5 - 13,5M is fair, with me thinking its going above 12,5M. I do expect a slightly bigger drop next weekend since there could be some last-minute holiday inflation going in this week and next weekend will be the first "normal" one in that case. So lets say 35% drop from 12,5M would give us 8,1M. 

• Founder / Operator

Hearing super early Friday at $11M for A2 and $10.7M for M3GAN -- but I think the data sample is from about 2 hours ago, so take it as you will.

Gonna try for another sneak in an hour or two to see if they change.

I would not be shocked if M3G takes Friday from A2 but it could be a nailbiter.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 13
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

Hearing super early Friday at $11M for A2 and $10.7M for M3GAN -- but I think the data sample is from about 2 hours ago, so take it as you will.

That's with previews included for M3GAN, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

Ofc im hoping both can get even higher, but these would already be good numbers. Im rooting for Megan to win the day just so it can win atleast one in the shadow of the Avatar juggernaut.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Could A2 jump to 12-13?

15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Praise Lord Shawn. Any words on the pussy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1