CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Krissy he's being sarcastic. He has already stated recently he wants to be the one to direct Avatar 4

6 minutes ago, robotkiller said:

It’s him joking. He clearly wants to do 4&5 from his prior comments.

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

Obviously he's not being serious.

If I was him, I’d just focus on the third film. Or do we have to hear him talking about 4 and 5 for years? 

I enjoyed The Way of Water, but he’s just turning into a pain in the arse. 

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Jeez he sounds so grateful… not. 

Why does he always come across as such a twat in his old age? Has he always acted like this? 

If he feels forced to do them, and was hoping to escape them as the above suggests, don’t make them. 

He have a type of humour that don't works well when it's just written 

Most of the things he say that pisses people off, if you see a video of him saying, he'll be laughing 

But on topic, of course he wants to do it, dude spend most of his decade working on this, way more time spent than 99% of directors working on movies, is clearly his passion

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

If I was him, I’d just focus on the third film. Or do we have to hear him talking about 4 and 5 for years? 

He will talk when he gets asked. How dare he?!

Jeez....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You have to hear him talking about it for years. You get to do that when you're making $2B films. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

time to pivot to a  "haha cameron fans mad I was just pretending to be a dumbass." response.

Nah. It’s not the first annoying/show off comment he’s made on this promo tour,  that’s why I assumed it was a genuine comment lol.  

The replies to the tweet are interesting though.

Anyway, sorry to derail M3gan’s weekend thread. 

Angry Sci-Fi GIF by M3GAN

Edited by Krissykins

6 minutes ago, Verrows said:

In @Krissykins defence, Cameron is actually an asshole so one can't be blamed for getting the wrong impression from ambiguous written quotes....

Its funny when you see actual video interviews of Cameron, he comes off really well. He's def a bit of a dictator on set though, but having supr high standards is why he is where he is.

Written interviews are too easy to twist and clickbait.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

You're quietly saying FRI started out kinda soft, am i right? 

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Since XXR's chain went hard on thu and it came out worse, fri starting soft clearly means friday is going to jump 120%. I see no logical fallacy in my reasoning whatsoever.

Pulling this over here. Obviously it's extremely early in the day still and there are a lot of variables to play out but as of this very moment M3GAN and A2 are basically at the same number. M3GAN is running about 10% ahead of A2 in total admissions but the PLF skew has A2 slightly ahead in value. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Pulling this over here. Obviously it's extremely early in the day still and there are a lot of variables to play out but as of this very moment M3GAN and A2 are basically at the same number. M3GAN is running about 10% ahead of A2 in total admissions but the PLF skew has A2 slightly ahead in value. 

Well that sounds like amazing news for M3GAN, 30M here we goooo

16 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Wouldnt that mean a relly bad number for A2 then?, unless M3GAN is really breaking out.

Then again are you including the preview number in M3GANS's number?

27 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Its funny when you see actual video interviews of Cameron, he comes off really well. He's def a bit of a dictator on set though, but having supr high standards is why he is where he is.

Written interviews are too easy to twist and clickbait.

Was literally just gonna respond with this. His interviews leading up to A2 have been insanely refreshing to watch. He tells it like it is, but also is extremely willing to give the credit where the credit is due. I think back in the day the ego-maniac reports were prob a bit more true, but def seems like he’s mellowed a ton since then and unfortunately can’t shake that old rep.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

For Avatar i fully expect a meh jump, them a lot of meltdowns, just for tomorrow jump compensate the whole thing and the weekend ended up at 40M 

Anything is bound to be “meh” if people start comparing to A1s Jan friday jumps. Those shouldn’t have been possible  (125%+}. But I think it can pull a very strong 60-65%+ one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Horror movies typically play well later in the night so it's a good sign if it's ahead of A2 in admissions early on. Also expecting Avatar to be an evening film though too with its runtime so we'll see. I also expect with Megan its Saturday jump and Sunday drop are not going to be as good as Avatar's, so I think even if Friday does end up slightly ahead with previews, A2 still wins the weekend. But man I would really love to see this start the year with a 30M+ opening.  

56 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Jeez he sounds so grateful… not. 

Why does he always come across as such a twat in his old age? Has he always acted like this? 

If he feels forced to do them, and was hoping to escape them as the above suggests, don’t make them. 

Ah, so it only needed $1.5b rather than $2b for it to be profitable? Got it!

But yeah, Cameron has always been a massive jackass! Just look up any interviews about the way he treated the cast of The Abyss, for example.

Edited by shachi86

14 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Wouldnt that mean a relly bad number for A2 then?, unless M3GAN is really breaking out.

Then again are you including the preview number in M3GANS's number?

Either M3GAN's heading for a $12m+ Friday (including previews) or Ava2ar is heading for an abysmal $9m Friday!