CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

13 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

Ah, so it only needed $1.5b rather than $2b for it to be profitable? Got it!

But yeah, Cameron has always been a massive jackass! Just look up any interviews about the way he treated the cast of The Abyss, for example.

$1.4B

22 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Wouldnt that mean a relly bad number for A2 then?, unless M3GAN is really breaking out.

Then again are you including the preview number in M3GANS's number?

Really bad? I don't personally think so but for some loftier expectations it would be. M3GAN is having a good start. I'd still bet on A2 being bigger by the end of the day. Keep in mind what I said though that this was just my first look. There's a lot of day left. Oh and no that doesn't include previews.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

lol if only. Would be pretty incredible for both.

Well, M3GAN is PG13, so a high number of its teen audience could be waiting for Friday and Saturday when it's not a school night and sales could soar, something like Split.

Scream, Smile and The Black Phone were all R, which could have limited their direct ticket sales.

4 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Really bad? I don't personally think so but for some loftier expectations it would be. M3GAN is having a good start. I'd still bet on A2 being bigger by the end of the day. Keep in mind what I said though that this was just my first look. There's a lot of day left. Oh and no that doesn't include previews.

We talking 11-12M for Friday for both "at this stage".

4 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

We talking 11-12M for Friday for both "at this stage".

Hard to say exactly. Projecting out, our comp will probably point to 10 for A2. We're not exactly sure how to project out M3GAN just yet because we don't know what the walkup pattern will look like, or what the chain ratio will be. My gut says 8.5-9.5.

If we took both strictly at face value for what they say right this moment it would be under 8 for both 😅

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

Isn't it possible Cameron is a little overwhelmed that he has to make three more 2 billion dollar mega-hits for the next seven years in an artificial world that has consumed his time for over a decade.

I remember the stress from Titanic nearly ending that man.

6 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Hard to say exactly. Projecting out, our comp will probably point to 5 for A2. We're not exactly sure how to project out M3GAN just yet because we don't know what the walkup pattern will look like, or what the chain ratio will be. My gut says 11.5-12.5.

If we took both strictly at face value for what they say right this moment it would be under 6 for both 😅

Thanks. I am posting this to reddit now.

6 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

right this moment it would be under 8 for both 

This is the end of Avatar 2's run.

DOOM is now the policy, DOOM is the religion, DOOM is our life and thinking.

• Haha 1