CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The fun part is discussing the possibilities, we should be grateful we have like 5-6 people feeding us with numbers 

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Then do what i did when the discussions are annoying me, i didn't enter the threads the whole day and only appear very late to have the actual number 

Way easier and respectful than complain about people spending their times tracking it for the forum 

It's not the discussions annoying me, it's that numbers are buried between them and you can't access them easily. The cryptic stuff makes it even worse. 

It might not be respectful to complain, but in my opinion it's also not respectful to sit in a position of power having access to what everybody wants and play with said desire. Again, that's just what I feel about it. There will be others accessing this place for hours having fun with it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

No, we aren't owed anything. But maybe you can relate to it putting it this way: What I'm here for is numbers. I guess that's what this page is about. You could have them easy, but you don't get it. It's just a shitty feeling if you're not into those games. 

How many times you going to keep saying it? Talk about first world problems and a sense of entitlement. If it was triggering me so much i would just check in at the end of the day when the number is pretty much locked in. Until then the rest of us will engage in our silly banter and have some fun with the box office, which is what the forum is ultimately about.

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

The PiB budget reports look to be a measly $80-100m? Combine that with the dire state of animation at the box office post-pandemic, and this is a huge win. Major props to DWA for managing to keep the budget so low and not have it look like garbage. 

A page from the Illumination playbook. Not surprised that they're gradually taking on the traits of their corporate sister studio.

Not sure why folks are getting upset, RTH used to have comic riddles for his number and that was awesome. Same with Charlie Jatinder. Part of the fun was guessing what the comic riddle meant. I can't say for others but I enjoyed it.

• Like 2

Just now, Dragoncaine said:

Feels like the enthusiasm of the thread is pointing to $14m+ for today. $15m if we're lucky. I hope M3gan holds well to comfortably hit $31-32m too

Why did the guy said "anywhere near projections" though 14 is still somewhat close, at least not that far off

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Not sure why folks are getting upset, RTH used to have comic riddles for his number and that was awesome. Same with Charlie Jatinder. Part of the fun was guessing what the comic riddle meant. I can't say for others but I enjoyed it.

Simple solution: Put the riddle up first and the real numbers in spoilers. As an addition, a mod immediately highlights the important posts. Problem solved. The world could be so easy. Well, whatever. 

6 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Where is RTH by the way? Asgard has been long gone. 😅

18 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I think the forum alienates new users sometimes. I have seen some of them emoji-reacting to valid concerns. They just lurk but don't post for whatever reason. I hope they become more active.

only speak for myself (actually member back in the mojo days, basically lurking now), classic conversation and franchise war topics too easily dominate number threads, and certain preferred ideology/way of thinking pretty much makes new user and heretics lurk easier, just checking numbers.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Simple solution: Put the riddle up first and the real numbers in spoilers. As an addition, a mod immediately highlights the important posts. Problem solved. The world could be so easy. Well, whatever. 

But there are no real numbers yet just early trending based on preliminary data. I'm sure when they are comfortable putting out a number they will and post it in the title like they have always done.

EDIT:

Of course right when i write this, numbers get posted...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

Just now, stuart360 said:

Well i was thinking 33-34mil for the 3 day, so yes lol.

I wouldnt be surprised if the 4 day is a flat 45mil from this weekend.

listen to this man, he's won two weekends in a row

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1