kayumanggi

ANYONE BUT YOU | 12.22.2023 | Sony | final gross: $88,319,668

Got the trailer for this before Taylor Swift yesterday and have to say I don't know if it's the way they edited the trailer (to try and appeal to Swifties as much as possible) but it's giving off "erotic thriller" vibes more than a romcom lol. Know this already faces box office hurdles considering R-rated comedies (or erotic thrillers, for that matter) aren't considered in fashion these days (and the crowded Christmas frame doesn't seem like a wise time to release one) and both stars remain untested as far as drawing power is concerned, but I expected the tone for this to be much sillier for some reason. Hmm.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Twitter has been eating this teaser up saying they have no chemistry. I agree it's a weirdly edited trailer. We'll see.

It's the trailer that played before Taylor Swift last weekend. Definitely odd that a movie that's been billed as a romcom up until now might as well be the preview for one of the Fifty Shades flicks or something. Such is the nonexistent state of the comedy genre circa 2023 I guess.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm just here for Glen Powell. I didn't know anything about him before TG:M, but he's got me as a fan. He's HOT  and has got that old style Hollywood charm/glamour. Hollywood needs to make him happen. Austin Butler, Thimotee and Glen are the most in demand actors right now. Glen just needs better representation.