Shawn Robbins

MLK Weekend Thread (1/13-16) | 3-day/4-day Estimates: Avatar 32.4M/40.6M, M3GAN 18.26M/21.72M, Puss 14.39M/19.04M, Otto 12.8M/15.33M, Plane 10M/12.03M, House Party 4M/4.73M

1 hour ago, Eric the Plane said:

3.) Puss in in Boots 2 (Uni) 3,687 (-232) theaters Fri $3M (-10%) 3-day $12.46M (-8%)/4-day $16M/Total $109M/Wk 4

That would be a god-tier hold, goddamn.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

Just now, JustLurking said:

Isn't M3GAN's jump more because it is literally friday the 13th? Hard to think of a better date to go watch a horror rlick.

Maybe, I hadn’t considered that. If it doesn’t jump a lot today…

14 minutes ago, Flip said:

Really good for Puss to outperform deadline’s estimates 

Will happen again with their 3day, very low should be 13.4+

6 minutes ago, cookie said:

That would be a god-tier hold, goddamn.

See above ;) 

5 minutes ago, Flip said:

Maybe, I hadn’t considered that. If it doesn’t jump a lot today…

It’s absolutely a large f13 effect. I would expect less than 30% sat boost — in this case the deadline 3day is several mil too higher since they apparently also missed the f13

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Isn't M3GAN's jump more because it is literally friday the 13th? Hard to think of a better date to go watch a horror rlick.

Halloween would be the only other date that comes to mind, but I agree. Friday the 13th definitely was a boost. 

25 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

A2 is doing what it was expected to do. It ain't touching NWH or TGM domestically as it's not that elite tier WoM film, but it's smashing it overseas. Don't think it will beat TITANIC WW, but takes #4 all time, which is very good.

If overseas does 1.6 bln, it'll easily cross Titanic, it's still on course for 600+ mln domestic.

24 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

What the hell! Oh my gawww, imma die from the fact it's literally just 25 bucks from $96mil

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $95,999,975

You are… really invested in this movie :lol: You running Dreamworks or something? 

I kid, I kid of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1