Sophia Jane

Antman 3 OS thread

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

True enough, I don't even know if Antman was even listed before it was announced or it got listed just yesterday. So, I am taking, AM3's WTS 1st day - 17K, Also for BP2 - 39K. There is no reason to compare with Avatar 2, unless it's was as hyped as NWH or MoM or Avenger's movie.

Because I think the Marvel’s fan power gonna rebound…it’s my expection was so high,I think as a meaningful and benchmark movie(Marvel’s come back to China)this one will at least do half of Avatar 2

Maybe it was just my expect so high

Edited by Sophia Jane

12 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Do you have anything for MCU films (not interested in the huge avenger events, looking for the solo films mainly)?

I do have, but those Data aren't mine and aren't taken on daily basis. I only started taking China's WTS after Endgame.  @Olive may have it though, I once also saw somebody having Google-sheet, don't remember who.

4 hours ago, thajdikt said:

I don´t see how this does more than 250-300M OS-C. I also feel like Marvel might have to rebuild themselves in China again. Would be surprised given the covid situation if it gets that much. Hoping for 50M but I´m doubtful. 

Even, Antman & Wasp did that much OS-China. So, Why would this do the same? Also, Ticket Prices for this is way more even compared to NWH. You are in a huge surprise, if you think so. One thing which will make this different - how it has more fantasy elements than it's predecessors. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

This is really disappointed,I though Antman doing 1B at first,now 500m is my prediction

I feel like 1B was always a bit to high. I would be surprised if this gets to even 50MUSD. MCU hasn´t been in China for so long isn´t a big possibility that the momentum is weakened and thus they have to build it back up again. How much is Wakanda Forever wts?

On 1/19/2023 at 4:19 AM, Shanks said:

I do have, but those Data aren't mine and aren't taken on daily basis. I only started taking China's WTS after Endgame.  @Olive may have it though, I once also saw somebody having Google-sheet, don't remember who.

Even, Antman & Wasp did that much OS-China. So, Why would this do the same? Also, Ticket Prices for this is way more even compared to NWH. You are in a huge surprise, if you think so. One thing which will make this different - how it has more fantasy elements than it's predecessors. 

Maybe, I just don´t see how it´s going to recover the big drop in Korea even with inflation. But I would happily be proven wrong. 

Edited by thajdikt

3 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Maybe, I just don´t see how it´s going to recover the big drop in Korea even with inflation. But I would happily be proven wrong. 

True enough. But Antman grossed just too low in most Countries. World Cup was Going on during it's Opening Week. There were Incredible 2 & JW running strongly beside it. This year though - almost nothing is there. Well, I am hopeful for it to be better.

• Like 2

Question for the experts, since there is no Disney+ in China and piracy seems to be low (but I'm not sure), how many people in the country could have watched Loki?

Because one of the few reasons anyone might want to watch the Ant-Man film is for being impressed with Kang's introduction and performance in the tv series, but otherwise it doesn't leave me very hopeful...

1 minute ago, MG10 said:

Question for the experts, since there is no Disney+ in China and piracy seems to be low (but I'm not sure), how many people in the country could have watched Loki?

Because one of the few reasons anyone might want to watch the Ant-Man film is for being impressed with Kang's introduction and performance in the tv series, but otherwise it doesn't leave me very hopeful...

Piracy low...in China?

17 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Marvel fans will watch,other people don’t care

58 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Piracy low...in China?

I remembered there was another big country besides Japan where piracy was low, but I don't remember if it was China (seems weird to me too) or something else...

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Showing life on Maoyan finally, looks like will be over 20k today.

I wonder if the trailer played in front of the big CNY releases and ppl who had no clue MCU was returning saw it.

Wasn´t it on 30K yesterday? Or do you mean 20K increase today?