Box Office Hit

It Ends With Us | Sony | August 9, 2024

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Lo and behold.

Oh dear. Of course, social media warriors already hated Blake (the plantation wedding, part of an overexposed couple/friend group) and  judged the movie's marketing to be rather lighthearted for the story's subject matter (but that started with Colleen Hoover: there was an "It Ends With Us" coloring book in the works until the backlash), so they were not on her side at first. And Justin was saying all the right things in his solo media tour, but the whole cast and author ghosting him spoke to more than just a dispute over the final cut. Maybe he was getting ahead of bad PR? Though usually, perpetrators don't have so much self-awareness...

Truth behind ‘It Ends With Us’ feud rumors: Justin Baldoni made Blake Lively ‘uncomfortable,’ sources say (Page Six, so grains of salt and all):

One industry source claimed that Baldoni, who also directed the movie, created an “extremely difficult” atmosphere behind the scenes for the entire cast.

And another industry insider said there were a few moments on set that made Lively, who is a producer on the project, feel “uncomfortable” about her postpartum body.

Sources who have worked with Baldoni were quick to say the father of two would never intentionally set out to make any of his actors feel unsupported.

By the end of filming, however, there was apparently no love lost between the cast.

“It’s not just Blake,” added the industry source. “None of the cast enjoyed working with Justin …They certainly didn’t talk to him at the premiere.”

Allegedly, at the New York premiere, Blake and Justin even watched the movie from entirely different auditoriums at Lincoln Square! I don't see how he can possibly be in the sequel.

56 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Oh dear. Of course, social media warriors already hated Blake (the plantation wedding, part of an overexposed couple/friend group) and  judged the movie's marketing to be rather lighthearted for the story's subject matter (but that started with Colleen Hoover: there was an "It Ends With Us" coloring book in the works until the backlash), so they were not on her side at first. And Justin was saying all the right things in his solo media tour, but the whole cast and author ghosting him spoke to more than just a dispute over the final cut. Maybe he was getting ahead of bad PR? Though usually, perpetrators don't have so much self-awareness...

Truth behind ‘It Ends With Us’ feud rumors: Justin Baldoni made Blake Lively ‘uncomfortable,’ sources say (Page Six, so grains of salt and all):

Allegedly, at the New York premiere, Blake and Justin even watched the movie from entirely different auditoriums at Lincoln Square! I don't see how he can possibly be in the sequel.

Yeah like, you don’t hire Depp’s crisis manager if you aren’t in some deep shit. Also, it’s not just Blake that doesn’t follow him, it’s everyone from the cast. One might not like Blake or Ryan for valid reasons, you might dislike the film itself or whatever. But if you can’t tell that there is some very shit going on here and this isn’t viral marketing for this at all, and maybe just maybe listen to the woman and the whole cast that stood by her, I don’t know what to tell you. At very least read the tea leaves, and if you think this dude looks good on this, think again.

• Like 2

The crazy thing is that people are acting like black lively and the cast is talking bad about him but she’s not so I don’t understand what everyone’s problem is. Neither of them are talking bad about each other this is all stupid drama that’s just giving more attention to the movie and it will probably just make it more money 😂 

I'm starting to see a ton of hate for her on social media, and this reminds me of what happened to JLo earlier this year. People became obsessed with hating on her and started looking for reasons to justify it, but it doesn't hold up. If you ask them what JLo or Lively actually did wrong no one can give you a convincing reason. The argument that she's been promoting this movie as a rom com instead of a story about domestic violence is not entirely true, but even if it was, this is not enough of a reason for a person to deserve this online bullying. This is about fulfilling their misogynistic pleasure of seeing the downfall of a successfull, beautiful woman.

Even when she did "the right thing" she got dragged for it. As soon as you become their target, everything you do will be used to fit their narrative. People are sick 

• Like 2

Yeah the hate is pointless and forced and has no real reason so doesn't have any effect in the real world. The real world only cares about what they can understand....so "this actor has beaten his wife" .. ok this is wrong.  

This is what called Stan Twitter. It's a world closed to its own world and  it's all about complaining about the most idiotic things real people shouldn't care less about... like people commenting on sports or the geek world fighting about what star wars movie is better.

You can find tweet with 100k likes against some sport men for some sport related reason and as someone doesn't give a s.. about sports that doesn't even reach me or i if reaches me i couldn't care less 😅

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

people are getting mad at Blake because she’s not promoting this film as a movie about DV but completely ignoring the fact that Blake herself has stated numerous times that her character is more than just a victim of DV and she’s showcasing that through her wardrobe and flowers. It’s very weird behavior that these people want her to act a certain way or say certain things because her character is a victim of DV as if victims of DV are supposed to act a certain type of way. Am i missing something here? Lastly, Justin Baldoni’s character is the abuser in the movie. it’s HIS job to promote that side of the movie. Some people have nothing but time on their hands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

people are getting mad at Blake because she’s not promoting this film as a movie about DV but completely ignoring the fact that Blake herself has stated numerous times that her character is more than just a victim of DV and she’s showcasing that through her wardrobe and flowers. It’s very weird behavior that these people want her to act a certain way or say certain things because her character is a victim of DV as if victims of DV are supposed to act a certain type of way. Am i missing something here? Lastly, Justin Baldoni’s character is the abuser in the movie. it’s HIS job to promote that side of the movie. Some people have nothing but time on their hands. 

Obviously the clips are cherry picked to some degree to get engagement. I don't have a problem with Blake saying that there's more to Lily than the abuse; survivors can have full lives and positive things going on as well. When Lively has used this moment to launch a hair care line and promote her alcohol brand, plus do a crossover with Deadpool & Wolverine...

No one said she has to wear a sackcloth and ashes and cry on red carpet. But maybe people were expecting her to be a little more serious? Also I think some of the ire now is to do with Colleen Hoover and the book, which (while popular) have been criticized as insensitive for years.

I was kind of jarred to see branded "Girls Night Out" screenings for IEWU. It was mostly going to be women watching and fans of the book who know the content, but for me domestic violence would not be a "florals with the girls" kind of movie. Like, even this article about one of Blake's interviews has a trigger warning and it's just an article. If a person hadn't seen the trailers but just followed her social media with all the floral aesthetics, would they be prepared to see an abusive relationship onscreen? OTOH the movie's ratings are clear, people have to be responsible about what they see.

Justin was saying all the right things, sounding sensitive, but like he said these men aren't just evil 24/7. Usually creepy guys who are trying to seem like nice guys in public give themselves away before long. Usually.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

"are all women ready to see an abusive relationship on big screen?"

It's a pg13 movie. An Harry Potter movies has more explicit violence.

When you see psyco do you know if there are scenes are gonna shocking you and how much?.

No you learn when you see It and that's all. 

The trailer sells the movie like a thriller and to shock the audience is one of the possible purpose of art (and the shock is also important to have a real effect on people minds).

Can we start again to treat adults as adults? And especially not treating women like they are these delicate flowers need extra protection every time. Even for this movie and story is explicit and shocking as the next thriller on Lifetime Channel 😭

Edited by vale9001

17 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

"are all women ready to see an abusive relationship on big screen?"

It's a pg13 movie. An Harry Potter movies has more explicit violence.

When you see psyco do you know if there are scenes are gonna shocking you and how much?.

No you learn when you see It and that's all. 

The trailer sells the movie like a thriller and to shock the audience is one of the possible purpose of art (and the shock is also important to have a real effect on people minds).

Can we start again to treat adults as adults? And especially not treating women like they are these delicate flowers need extra protection every time. Even for this movie and story is explicit and shocking as the next thriller on Lifetime Channel 😭

Is anyone saying the movie was too extreme though? Just pointing out that domestic violence is common and depictions of it can be distressing especially to survivors, so maybe take care and be thoughtful when launching a movie like IEWU.

If Blake were promoting her hair care line and her booze brand and Deadpool/Wolverine crossovers in conjunction with a Gossip Girl movie, there wouldn't be the same criticisms. No one cares if campy fun movies have branding deals and make screenings into social events. Like, girls nights for Barbie were fine but "Oppenheimer with the Fellas" night wouldn't have gone over so well.

Tacky marketing however doesn't excuse real life misconduct. It would be interesting however if it comes out that they leaned so hard into the florals and Blake's personal brands to cover/push past the alleged bad Justin vibes.

10 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Is anyone saying the movie was too extreme though? Just pointing out that domestic violence is common and depictions of it can be distressing especially to survivors, so maybe take care and be thoughtful when launching a movie like IEWU.

If Blake were promoting her hair care line and her booze brand and Deadpool/Wolverine crossovers in conjunction with a Gossip Girl movie, there wouldn't be the same criticisms. No one cares if campy fun movies have branding deals and make screenings into social events. Like, girls nights for Barbie were fine but "Oppenheimer with the Fellas" night wouldn't have gone over so well.

Tacky marketing however doesn't excuse real life misconduct. It would be interesting however if it comes out that they leaned so hard into the florals and Blake's personal brands to cover/push past the alleged bad Justin vibes.

Who cares?. Just because I'm homosexual doesn't mean they have to tell me a movie has a violent scene against an homosexual. It's the point of the art (or at least can be) to shock me, to move me etc ...

Movies have a rating..the point of rating is to tell you a movie can have explicit scenes, a movie has adult themes etc .that's enough...i'm tired of the idea the audience needs to be treated as children and you have to say everything before.

That theme Is treated as a twist of the plot and moves you exactly cause It's a plot twist (It seems like a regular love story and then you find out....the story has an impact for this reason).

It's like we need to tell people what Jane Eyre plot twist is (the main characters abuses his wife and she's a prisoner), what Rebecca plot twist is.

Sorry but boring.

Again let's treat adults as adults and we should respect One of the purpose of art Is also to let people feel unconfortable. 

Edited by vale9001

Crawdads also has domestic violence in its story but I don't remember much controversy about it. But it was very noticeable that Daisy Edgar Jones did all the marketing and interviews along with the actor playing her "good" male love interest.

The reason they don't talk too directly about the plot twist is while in the book is something made It clear when It happens from the start of the story, they build the film to being more mysterious and more thrilling and the twist is made clear only at almost the end of the movie. 

So talking about It before the movie would mean ruin the thriller experience of watching It 😅

Edited by vale9001

I can see why people are annoyed with how Blake is promoting this movie. One of my friends went to see this movie with her date thinking it was a romcom. They were not prepared haha.

• Like 1

BLAKE LIVELY, JUSTIN BALDONI SHE FELT KISSING SCENE LINGERED TOO LONG ... Feels He Fat-Shamed Her (TMZ)

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... there was a scene in which Justin lifts Blake into the air. According to our sources, Justin has a history of back problems and before lifting Blake, he went to his on-set trainer and asked how much she weighed and how could he train to protect his back from injury.

Blake later found out about Justin's comment and felt he fat-shamed her.

Our sources tell us the second incident that allegedly made Blake uncomfortable on set is when the two engaged in a kissing scene and Blake felt he lingered longer than he should have with the kiss.

She also felt fat-shamed by him trying to protect his back for a lifting scene. Was he really a weirdo with the kissing scene, or was he professional but nevertheless she got the ick? I would think actual impropriety during a kissing scene would be worse than the details of the alleged "fat-shaming" but the article says much more about the former.

The sources also say that there are people from the film are standing by Baldoni and feel some cast members are "milking the drama to market the film".

What a shitshow! Either he's a creep or she's throwing him under the bus to protect her image. It's an untenable situation for him to return to Part 2 either way.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl