kayumanggi

THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE | 787.1M overseas | 1362.0M worldwide

28 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

173m was the 5 day not the weekend

27 minutes ago, WayneBorg said:

last weekend 173 was for 5 days

This weekend is 3 days hence the -22 drop from last weekend's 3 days

OS doesn't work like that. Some Countries are 5 day Weekend and some like Japan are 2. 

103.8M weekend would include five days for some countries and all the way to 2 for other. RTH had a post explaining this in details.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, druv10 said:

OS doesn't work like that. Some Countries are 5 day Weekend and some like Japan are 2. 

103.8M weekend would include five days for some countries and all the way to 2 for other. RTH had a post explaining this in details.

I think the studio calculated the weekend portions for every market this weekend vs the last and hence came up with that -22% drop. 

46 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I am interested to see if Japan can dethrone Mexico as the #1 OS market. Unfortunately, the yen is so weak that Mario would require over ¥10 billion to match the likely finish in Mexico.

The fun thing is if Japan actually does well then just like for Toy Story 3 & 4, it's the same three countries that are powerhouses.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 9:53 PM, KP1025 said:

I am interested to see if Japan can dethrone Mexico as the #1 OS market. Unfortunately, the yen is so weak that Mario would require over ¥10 billion to match the likely finish in Mexico.

Yeah at 99% we already know it won't pass Mexico nor UK, the only interesting target could be to pass Germany and France

On 4/18/2023 at 2:06 AM, Agafin said:

France's number is a little disappointing since it is Nintendo's biggest market in Europe ( I think?)

Yeah France is basically the biggest European market for everything related to Japan (videogames, manga, sushi, tourism etc), the movie is probably doing less than expected due to the various protests and the competition from The Three Musketeers, but in that case legs will probably be better than usual

Edited by MG10