GOGODanca

3/3 - 3/5 Weekend Thread | Creed III gets the biggest franchise opening and MGM opening ever with 58.7M. #AintMan drops 61% for 12.5M. Jonathan Majors still getting paid fat stacks

Creed 3 with that knockout OW. Has a great chance at $150m+, maybe even $175m+. Could be a great March with Scream looking to also open 50m+ and Wick having a great chance at 70m+. Shazam may underperform but 30m+ seems likely. The only question mark is Dungeons. 

It is also great to see mid-budget movies even if it is an IP sequel rebound. Have a gut feeling 2023 will be more like 2017-19 for non tentpoles rather than the past two years. Now if we can get some animation success in Mario, the industry can have a nice rebound.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

What will Sly think now that the biggest Creed / Rocky is the one without him (unadjusted).

That works both ways though. I'm a big rocky fan and have no interest in Creed 3. Not just because Rocky isnt in it, i also never clicked with the Adonis character, it felt too forced, and he never had the charisma or screen preseance of Rocky, he's no Rocky Balboa. Its like the were trying to keep Rocky going but Creed isnt it for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

43 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Quantumania should do 200m. There should be a lot more this year. 200-299m candidates include John Wick, Mario, Across, The Flash, Mission Impossible, 2une, The Marvels, Songbirds and Snakes, Wish, and Wonka. Barbie, Migration, Haunted Mansion, and Elemental have outside shots with luck. 

Edited by YM!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YM! said:

Quantumania should do 200m. There should be a lot more this year. 200-299m candidates include John Wick, Mario, Across, The Flash, Mission Impossible, 2une, The Marvels, Songbirds and Snakes, Wish, and Wonka. Barbie, Migration, Haunted Mansion, and Elemental have outside shots with luck. 

I realized like a week ago that we'll likely have a redux of November 2016 this November, as Marvels, Dune and Songbirds likely all gross around the same 200M number. Trolls 2 should be the equivalent to Trolls 1, and Wish...is the equivalent to Arrival? I guess?

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking Creed III is MGM's highest grossing non Bond film in quite some time? I suppose we could say since The Hobbit films but they were released by WB.

It's a win for WB as well as they have OS distribution although I don't think they have any financial stake in the film so still a good start to the pact with MGM. 

I wonder if MGM would consider reviving Inspector Clouseau, I know they were developing an animated Pink Panther film but a new Inspector Clouseau film that inspired by Knives Out would be fun.

Edited by Jonwo

3 minutes ago, Eric Creed said:

I realized like a week ago that we'll likely have a redux of November 2016 this November, as Marvels, Dune and Songbirds likely all gross around the same 200M number. Trolls 2 should be the equivalent to Trolls 1, and Wish...is the equivalent to Arrival? I guess?

I think Wish will break out. Seems like a return to form in a big Disney musical, with a unique animation style. If it does well, it’ll put Disney Animation and Pixar back on track. Going to go with 35/180 for now. Trolls should move to 11/3 though.

17 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

The Final Demon Slayer Movie which will end the storyline would be so huge in Asia that you guys can't even imagine. Asia-China will be bigger than $500M. China and SAR region including Taiwan could pull another $500M. 

Sorry to say but If the English speaking regions doesn't explode then they are missing the biggest release of their watching timeline ~

hasnt demon slayer slowed down a bit?

8 hours ago, MikeQ said:

I'm not one to focus so much on poor performances, but I was curious what the worst multipliers were for comic book films. Where is Quantumania going to fall? Can it stabilize?

Worst Live Action Comic Book Film Multipliers for $40+ million Friday Openers:

Rank / Title (Year) / Opening Weekend Gross (Multiplier)

1. Watchmen (2009) — 55.2 million (1.95)
  2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) — 166.0 million (1.99)
  3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) — 85.1 million (2.11)
  4. Hulk (2003) — 62.1 million (2.13)
  5. Green Lantern (2011) — 53.2 million (2.19)
  6. Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) — 187.4 million (2.19)
  7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) — 91.6 million (2.21)
  8. Spider-Man 3 (2007) — 151.1 million (2.23)
  9. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) — 58.1 million (2.27)
  10. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) — 102.8 million (2.28)
  11. Captain America: Civil War (2016) — 179.1 million (2.28)
  12. Black Widow — 80.4 million (2.29)
  13. Eternals (2021) — 71.3 million (2.31)
  14. Iron Man 3 (2013) — 174.1 million (2.35)
  15. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) — 65.8 million (2.36)

Peace,

Mike

thanks for the new goal

• Like 1
  • Haha 2