Eric is Quiet

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

50 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

It may well hit $1B but it was never 'locked'.

I predicted 450-500mil US and 900-1bil WW after the Wednesday and Thursday numbers, and i'm sticking to it.

would have agreed with you if not for the missing markets, feel like those pretty much "lock" a billion

25 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

apart from those that always do 5-days (france and Korea), did the rest of the world also have 5-days?

2 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Think almost every market had a 5-day in this case

then that makes the next question somewhat easy, would the rest of the markets have made up the difference between dom-int?

3 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

apart from those that always do 5-days (france and Korea), did the rest of the world also have 5-days?

3 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Think almost every market had a 5-day in this case

I don't know about every market. But, here, Vietnam &India Opened on FRI & Singapore had Previews on WED. Malaysia &Philippines to open later.

8 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

No Way Home was bigger no? 

"Industry-wide, the overall box office earned an estimated $79.9M on Saturday. Christmas Day 2019 earned just shy of that, with $78.6M, primarily on the strength of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

Industry-wide, however, several post-pandemic days had exceeded this past Saturday. Those included both the opening Friday and Saturday for Spider-Man: No Way Home, plus the opening Fridays for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever."

From what I could find Toy Story 4 did $123M from 37 markets on the opening weekend. Mario has made $170M on 70. Also Toy Story 4 run on Japan ($93M) was something that not every animated does, if i'm correct only Toy Story 3 and the Frozen movies did more of the Hollywood films and overall only Top Gun Maverick post pandemic. Now, I'm not saying it won't do a billion but I think it will be between Dory and TS4 (or maybe a bit higher) so Minions will remain as Illumination's highest grossing movie. I think for Mario:

DOM: $510M (2.5 five days opening)

INT: $510M - $570M