kayumanggi

SPEAK NO EVIL | 09.13.2024 | Universal | remake of Danish thriller | James McAvoy & Mackenzie Davis star | James Watkins writes & directs

5 minutes ago, Eric Wilson said:

Gotten the trailer for this over the last like…5 movies I’ve seen

You can thank Universal having only three movies for the rest of the year (two of them being family films that would feel out of place before certain genre films like horror) for the trailer overuse. When studios don't have much to promote, one movie ends up being their submission for almost everything.

2 hours ago, Eric Wilson said:

Gotten the trailer for this over the last like…5 movies I’ve seen

Yeah this is one of those trailers it feels like they show in front of anything not animated or something. Not my type of movie to begin with so seeing it so many dam times it's like nails on a chalkboard.

The trailer for this fim is so annoying, its been with nearly every film I saw this year.

Only reason I might see this is for James McAvoy. He has played some of my favorite characters.  Professor X, Adult Bill and Leto from Dune miniseries.

What I think they should do is continue playing the Speak No Evil trailer, even after the movie has opened. They should put out a statement and say they will only stop playing the trailer when the movie has hit $200 million dom and $300 million worldwide, a combined total of $500 million. This would force everyone who is sick of the trailer to go see it in hope that it will make enough money and go away.

Saw DP and W again today. Guess what trailer played in front of it? Will only have to be subjected to it one more time next weekend in front of Beetlejuice BeetleJuice I assume  since there is a law it has to play in front of every live action movie. And then it comes out the following weekend. Yay!!!