Eric Lasagna

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m hearing from people that actually would know this stuff that Marvel Studios is prepping to resume operations in two weeks. So maybe the trades are on to something.

I can't imagine even if the strike ended in two weeks they'd have enough time to start up that fast. Even if the strike ended today they'd still have to physically get everyone to the filming location 

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I can't imagine even if the strike ended in two weeks they'd have enough time to start up that fast. Even if the strike ended today they'd still have to physically get everyone to the filming location 

I mean... why not? Even if it ends in 2 days, 2 weeks seems like enough time to get everything moving again. It's not like they have to re-hire everyone, the entire crew is just waiting to get called back. 

6 minutes ago, 21C said:

I mean... why not? Even if it ends in 2 days, 2 weeks seems like enough time to get everything moving again. It's not like they have to re-hire everyone, the entire crew is just waiting to get called back. 

If Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman and Shawn Levy are at football games with Taylor Swift in America, theyre probably gonna need time to fly out to Europe where filming is.

Edited by SpiderByte

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman and Shawn Levy are at football games with Taylor Swift in America, theyre probably gonna need time to fly out to Europe where filming is.

Which only takes about a day.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Pretty sure this is the same guy that said the Writers strike wasn't going well near the end. Sounds like an AMPTP shill tbh.

There was 1 day were there was a bump, but no one said that it wasn't definitively gonna end lol 

LA Times is also saying they didn't go well today, they're probably the closest thing to a truly neutral, reliable source

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1712302000074097145

But I still want to emphasize that a bad day doesn't mean an insurmountable impasse, would've been nice for it to be resolved quickly but breakdowns are inevitable just like they were with WGA

• Like 2

I think that the WGA not getting a residual model/revenue sharing model even remotely close to what SAG was asking pretty much dooms the entire negotiation process. It's gonna be really, really tricky to resolve. 

• Sad 1

I'd expect most of the 2024 slate to start getting pushed by the end of next week if not sooner. Gonna be tough to fill dates - 2023 releases will have to move, though most have seemingly locked in.

I told you guys this wasn't going to be easy!! SAG has very different requests.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'd expect most of the 2024 slate to start getting pushed by the end of next week if not sooner. Gonna be tough to fill dates - 2023 releases will have to move, though most have seemingly locked in.

March is so packed with movies with potential that are already made it's absurd. Elio, The Fall Guy, Kung Fu Panda 4, A Quiet Place: Day 1, Dune 2, Snow White, Ghostbusters, Mickey 17. Expect some of them to shift to later dates just for breathing room in open slots. Since we're less than six months away I imagine the Bad News Friday drops are coming up shortly.

• Like 4

Jennifer Lee claimed here that Disney Animation would be able to perform normal operations through the end of the year but could be affected after that. Hopefully the strike doesn't go on that long

Disney 100: Animation boss Jennifer Lee says strike could halt production - BBC News

I imagine it would probably impact whatever their intended fall 2024 release is and Elio and IO2 would get shifted later in the year if it did.

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Which 2023 movies do you think will get pushed back? FNAF won’t if they’re doing day and date, and The Marvels tickets are already in sale.

12 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The rest of 2023 slate seems to be mostly locked in, there are only two and half months left for the year.  But some of the 2024 films will be moved for sure. 

Edited by babz06

1 minute ago, Speedorito said:

Which 2023 movies do you think will get pushed back? FNAF won’t if they’re doing day and date, and The Marvels tickets are already in sale.

Wasn't there a rumour that even The Marvels could be affected because of ADR work not being complete? It could follow in No Time to Die's footsteps and get pushed off despite tickets being up.

2 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Wonka and Napoleon I'd say. Maybe Color Purple. Hunger Games seems to be full steam ahead with ticket sale date and all.