Eric Lasagna

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

Just now, Jonwo said:

I know you think the World is going to end next year but please try and be positive at least once in a while. 

I haven't seen alot of the big hyped films but if even a small handful live up to hype this is probably the best movie year since 2017, and before that 2011, and before that 2007. So there's some positivity. We're going out on top, baby!

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I know people think cinemas will be gone by the end of 2024 but TBH nothing can be as bad as 2020 or the first half of 2021. 

The main issue is that covid came after pretty good years. Theaters haven't even recovered from covid yet so I'm sure they're really hurting right now.

They won't be gone but they'll definitely really suffer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Next year's gonna be brutal for theaters, but what about the Oscar movies? With nothing filmed this year, the Oscars could be in danger of choosing from very limited number of  movies

Nah, they can always delay it and extend the window if they really need to.

I know Wicked was moved to November 2024 from December 2024 but I think Universal should move it back to December since there isn't much there at the moment. TBH I think given it only had 10 days left to shoot and they can reschedule it with pick ups and reshoots, it could meet late 2024 pretty easily.

Beetlejuice 2 is the same, I would move to mid to late October and schedule Juror Number 2 in its place since as a Clint movie, it'd be able to wrap in a few weeks and still make the release date.

I would make Deadpool and DM4 the big December movies along with the Pitt/Kowsinski F1 movie. Move Venom 3 to open November and have that, Wicked, and Gladiator in that month. Or have DM4 over Thanksgiving and move Wicked to Christmas where musicals thrive. 

Why are they considering moving Beetlejuice? Fall is perfect for it, essential even, and the movie is 99 percent done.

Edited by Cmasterclay

34 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Next year's gonna be brutal for theaters, but what about the Oscar movies? With nothing filmed this year, the Oscars could be in danger of choosing from very limited number of  movies

The stage is being set for Joker 2 to absolutely dominate 2024. Massive OW incoming.

2025 looks like a fairly strong year now actually, although Avatar 3 probably gets delayed again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Fazbear said:

Dune 2 may only win the year because it's the only movie releasing in 2024, but I still count that as a victory!

It’ll be a real RotK moment, and then Dune: Messiah will be the Hobbit moment. 

(This is a joke, by the way. Please don’t take this seriously.)

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

remember all the false alarms before wga deal actually happened

To be fair all those false alarms started like 2 or 3 days  before the deal happened so either way it's good news to be getting alarms now.

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

Don't wanna jump the gun as complications are always possible, but...

That was quick.

The biggest hang-up was always the residual thing. Everything else seemed fairly easy to resolve tbh

He was right the last time too, for what it's worth.

• Like 1