Eric is Quiet

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

48 minutes ago, Kon said:

I don't think One Piece is really a so massive hit. It has a pretty good start and social network spoke a lot about it. However, it couldn't really compare to the big hits like Stranger Things and Wednesday in Netflix.

One Piece is currently under Vigin River S5 and Dear Child in the Top 10 Netflix shows. Both TV shows were released only one week after One Piece.

Idk about this week, but it held up pretty huge in the first few weeks based on data and ended up going viral on TikTok with the Buggy the clown character. Combine that with the fact that the huge audience of the manga and anime seem over the moon about it, and newcomers seem to be positive as well, and it is very very well positioned to be their “flagship show” in the future if they can really build upon the quality and momentum with the next couple seasons. 

Edit: this deadline article says it held onto the #1 spot among English language Netflix shows this past week, so yeah I’d say it’s becoming pretty huge considering it’s already nearing a month old 

https://deadline.com/2023/09/love-at-first-sight-one-piece-netflix-top-10-ratings-1235550614/amp/

Edited by MovieMan89

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Idk about this week, but it held up pretty huge in the first few weeks based on data and ended up going viral on TikTok with the Buggy the clown character. Combine that with the fact that the huge audience of the manga and anime seem over the moon about it, and newcomers seem to be positive as well, and it is very very well positioned to be their “flagship show” in the future if they can really build upon the quality and momentum with the next couple seasons. 

Edit: this deadline article says it held onto the #1 spot among English language Netflix shows this past week, so yeah I’d say it’s becoming pretty huge considering it’s already nearing a month old 

https://deadline.com/2023/09/love-at-first-sight-one-piece-netflix-top-10-ratings-1235550614/amp/

It's true that One Piece Worldwide still held the # 1 for English language series. I was confused, because I only saw the Top 10 in USA (which mix english and non-english shows), where it falls to #3 in the last week.

PS: Dear Child isn't an English language series, but I doubt it has overcome One Piece at Worldwide level.

45 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The Potter series doesn't even have a showrunner, unless Rowling is writing it all like the fantastic beast movies 

If I have read correctly, the Potter series is going to be a retelling of the novels,not an original storyline. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

It's also a reason I am skeptical about it; might just be too soon for that.

Edited by dudalb

32 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Two days of meetings in a row had me much more optimistic this time around. Definitely sounds more like they're st least starting towards the endgame, at least with WGA. I still think it'll still reach to October though 

I think both WGA and SAG will get deals done in October. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Two days of meetings in a row had me much more optimistic this time around. Definitely sounds more like they're st least starting towards the endgame, at least with WGA. I still think it'll still reach to October though 

Would be nice. Trying not to get hopes up.