kayumanggi

BARBIE | 809.4M overseas | 1445.6M worldwide

21 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

Barbie made just 3 millions in south korea i dont think it may gross so much money in japan that it will make more than 1.6B, of course japan will help with 1.5B.

1.6B are definitely out of reach 

About Japan south Korea could mean nothing. Super Mario made 18M in Korea and almost 100 in Japan. 

38 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

1.6B are definitely out of reach 

About Japan south Korea could mean nothing. Super Mario made 18M in Korea and almost 100 in Japan. 

weird comparison cause super mario was created by japanese guy, and with 3x times more people in japan 5x more bigger box office mean something, my point was that after 3 mln in south korea we cant expect lets say 50 mln in japan

Barbie crossed the Barbillion last weekend and it grossed 1034 M until Sunday

I'll try to make a realistc forecast to see how far can Barbie go.

I think 1300 M it's locked, while 1360 M it's almost locked. That would mean reaching two major goals of Barbie: nº 1 of the year (worldwide) and the highest grossing Warner film ever.

My Barbie forecast: 1400M ($)

1034m (total until Sunday) 

166m Domestic --- For a total 625M 

25m Japan and Middle East (This countries have the release this weekend)

175m current International countries

- 120m Europe -- Uk 35m (for a total of 95m£), Germany 16m, France 14m, Italy 8m, Spain 8m , Netherlands 7m , Poland 5m, Nordics 10m and 17m the rest.

- 20m Oceania -- Australia 18m (for a total of 89m AUD) and New Zeland 2m

- 35m Latam + Asia

Maybe I underestimated Japan and North America.. I wouldn't be surprised if Japan 50m and Domestic +650m

I don't think Barbie grosses less than 1400 so ... 1400m-1500m $

Edited by jma22
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, jma22 said:

Barbie crossed the Barbillion last weekend and it grossed 1034 M until Sunday

I'll try to make a realistc forecast to see how far can Barbie go.

I think 1300 M it's locked, while 1360 M it's almost locked. That would mean reaching two major goals of Barbie: nº 1 of the year (worldwide) and the highest grossing Warner film ever.

My Barbie forecast: 1400M ($)

1034m (total until Sunday) 

166m Domestic --- For a total 625M 

25m Japan and Middle East (This countries have the release this weekend)

175m current International countries

- 120m Europe -- Uk 35m (for a total of 95m£), Germany 16m, France 14m, Italy 8m, Spain 8m , Netherlands 7m , Poland 5m, Nordics 10m and 17m the rest.

- 20m Oceania -- Australia 18m (for a total of 89m AUD) and New Zeland 2m

- 35m Latam + Asia

Maybe I underestimated Japan and North America.. I wouldn't be surprised if Japan 50m and Domestic +650m

I don't think Barbie grosses less than 1400 so ... 1400m-1500m $

i thought that barbie made last week around 140 m international so how can it make only 175. if it will finish with current split domestic/international it would need 260m more from international markets to reach 1500

1 hour ago, 1Robert1 said:

i thought that barbie made last week around 140 m international so how can it make only 175. if it will finish with current split domestic/international it would need 260m more from international markets to reach 1500

Barbie grossed 74,6m OS last weekend. 175m it's a realistic forecast imho. (Japan and Middle east not icluded)

Peak of summer we are better off looking at week on week grosses as weekdays make a huge difference. if it did 140m last week, it can do another 210m more with existing markets as some of them tend to play out really long and make up for the rest. Asian markets at this point are less relevant. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Peak of summer we are better off looking at week on week grosses as weekdays make a huge difference. if it did 140m last week, it can do another 210m more with existing markets as some of them tend to play out really long and make up for the rest. Asian markets at this point are less relevant. 

From 175m to 210 there's a difference of 35m so yeah , probably you're right. But no way 260m in existing markets.

Gran Turismo releases this weekend so maybe affects a bit, and not only Asia is droping bad, Latam too

That being said, hopefully it reaches 1500m and even surpasses Top Gun Maverick but for now I stay in  the 1400-1500 range

1 hour ago, jma22 said:

Barbie grossed 74,6m OS last weekend. 175m it's a realistic forecast imho. (Japan and Middle east not icluded)

140 last week, 75 last weekend. If it will drop 40 percent every week it will make another 217. I would be very surprised if it would make less than 200.