kayumanggi

OPPENHEIMER | 642.6M overseas | 972.4M worldwide

Oppenheimer's OS gross will beat Dunkirk's WW gross by a margin of around $100-120m. And OS has easily surpassed Inception, Dark Knight, Interstellar.

Has a chance of beating TDKR to become Nolan's #1 OS movie. It'll have great late legs for sure, as it won't be on streaming until next year.

Edited by Bob Train

9 hours ago, Borobudur said:

$176m from IMAX alone, beating EG as 4th biggest IMAX movie. $200m is out of reach at this point since the IMAX run is mostly over in most markets.

China could still add quite a bit from Imax as that is the dominant format for this movie if I am not wrong. Plus it could still open in Japan and do well in Imax over there. Domestic it still holds 70mm Imax screens which are still doing great. I just saw it today at Metreon 70mm imax and Imax CEO did say they will keep bring it back considering how well it has done. I would not rule anything out until Awards season is over. 

Too bad Oppenheimer won't be able to have those 3 month long runs like local films. I still hope they will keep some of those premium screens for Oppy in China because there are high demand for them. But the Chinese roster of films is so full right now, no sure how long Oppy can have them.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Gitesh has been wacky lately. I dont see how its hitting 1B after grossing under 12m this weekend. Hope we get some news of Japan and it breaking out like Pearl Harbor 🙂

Yeah, this. Unless Japan miraculously goes super crazy for it (not that they even scheduled its release!), a billie is not happening but anyway you slice it it's an insane success that few saw coming. I'm not sure but I think it's #2 R movie WW behind Joker. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, this. Unless Japan miraculously goes super crazy for it (not that they even scheduled its release!), a billie is not happening but anyway you slice it it's an insane success that few saw coming. I'm not sure but I think it's #2 R movie WW behind Joker. 

The previous #2 R movie was Deadpool 2 with $786 mln, so yeah Oppy took number two spot a while ago.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

Highlights this session include Oppenheimer overtaking Dunkirk in the UK as Nolan’s biggest movie ever there. China had a great -51% hold, with Friday to Saturday uplift of 170%. The cume there is $54M, in line with Tenet at the same point, having already surpassed the lifetimes of The Dark Knight Rises and Dunkirk, and also topping Skyfall this weekend. Italy this session overtook Australia as Oppenheimer’s 5th biggest playdate so far. 

Oppenheimer’s Top Five offshore markets through Sunday are the UK ($73M), China ($54M), Germany ($48M), France ($41.6M) and Italy ($26.8M).

• Like 2