kayumanggi

OPPENHEIMER | 642.6M overseas | 972.4M worldwide

7 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

those number from europe is fantastic. uk with very strong weekdays and sub 30% hold. germany with even more impressive weekend hold than france.netherlands also is phenomenal, already 2.7x its opening weekend. 

i think with 2 more sub 40% hold in weekend even 450m OS without China and Korea is possible.

UK 75m 

Germany 35m

France 35m

Spain 17m

Italy 15m

Mexico 17m

Brazil 12m

Australia 30m

Korea 50m

China 50m

550m OS 

• Like 1

Mindblowing box office for this movie in so many markets around the world. It seems like the type of movie that a lot of people would prefer to do streaming at home instead of theaters. Gotta be the most impressive box office run of Nolan's career, given the lack of action sequences in Oppy compared to his earlier movies. 

• Like 1

South Korea

Oppenheimer T-13 Presales - 66,079 tickets

ATP - 18,227 KRW ($14.12)

Comps

• 3.256x Tenet (T-13) -> 448.4k OD admissions ($6.331m at current ATP)

This is a quick and dirty comp, Tenet opened on a non-holiday Wednesday, Oppy will open on a public holiday so should see a much higher OD in my opinion. So far only PLF tickets have been sold, once standard showings start to trickle in the ATP will come down. The holiday boost should come close to cancelling out the lower final ATP so the dollar value might be a decent ballpark estimate for now.

I have some other T-13 comps but none of them seem useful since they aren't as frontloaded by extreme PLF demand. You'd be seeing absurd numbers like 10x local hits that opened to 300k admissions which is silly.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

OH FFS, can't tweets about Oppenheimer in SK leave fucking Elemental out? Yes we get it Korea loves it blah blah blah I'm not gonna watch a single drama in retaliation but just once report about a new movie without shilling for that liquid shit.

I think the user is just giving an update on the Korean box office, it’s not solely an Oppenheimer tweet