kayumanggi

OPPENHEIMER | 644.2M overseas | 974.1M worldwide

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

China probably needs 70-100m+ to keep billion dream alive. Right now I am expecting Rise of Gru scenario where it underwhelms in China, ending around 940-950.

yeah I'm not counting on China anymore to tide Hollywood movies over some landmarks. Would be great to be surprised. 

• Like 1

Also important to note that Europe had better weather this weekend (after a few rainy weeks), meaning drops are much harder than they would be going from a rainy week to a rainy week, or a suny week to a suny week.

• Like 2

Vietnam was new this session with a $443K debut, above Tenet, The Dark Knight Rises and more than double Dunkirk excluding previews. By Saturday, it had already surpassed the lifetime of Interstellar and delivered the biggest opening Friday and Saturday for a Nolan film, and the highest IMAX Friday and Saturday share of all time

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 4:55 PM, pepsa said:

I am happy the conversation here is about 1B / 900m + for oppenheimer because anything under $900m seems very unlikely by this point.

Awesome to see the movie doing so well. Universal has to be extremely proud & happy. They didn't have to go down the path of recruiting Nolan, but I'm sure they are very glad they decided to work with him! 

55 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Vietnam was new this session with a $443K debut, above Tenet, The Dark Knight Rises and more than double Dunkirk excluding previews. By Saturday, it had already surpassed the lifetime of Interstellar and delivered the biggest opening Friday and Saturday for a Nolan film, and the highest IMAX Friday and Saturday share of all time

Is there any examples of how much box office Vietnam usually contributes to major blockbusters? 10m? 20m? 30m?

1 minute ago, eeetooki said:

Is there any examples of how much box office Vietnam usually contributes to major blockbusters? 10m? 20m? 30m?

Avatar 2 - $11.76M. Endgame - $12.3M

If Avg. Japanese Film does $4.0M in Vietnam - We can expect $5-6M in Vietnam depending on Oppenheimer Long Run.

6 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Avatar 2 - $11.76M. Endgame - $12.3M

If Avg. Japanese Film does $4.0M in Vietnam - We can expect $5-6M in Vietnam depending on Oppenheimer Long Run.

Vietnamese box office works more like Chinese box office. Very short legs. With that opening, I'll be surprised with $3M total.

• Thanks 1

it does not matter. Its having an extra-ordinary run. Good weather in Europe impacted last week. At least this week should be better even with good weather as its lapping another week where weather was good. Plus even if it just has normal drops in existing markets its going to finish with a huge total plus all the BO from Korea, Italy, Greece and China. 

• Like 1