kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

51 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I know EDR is not a traditional Mother's Day movie, but that's a BIG Sunday drop they're estimating compared to everything else. 

What do you mean? It’s a great Mother’s Day movie. “Mommy is with the maggots now.”

Edited by mmed1345
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Why he not be being serious and floating joke numbers? He doesn't have history of doing that. So, yes, when he posted that update, he sees 20M+ today. Obviously that could change as goes on and he'll revise the number if it changes...

Whoa relax....i dont have anything personal against him since I'm new here. ...I'm  just shocked  that it could get that high or even higher according to charlie

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Ask again next weekend, is expected that Fast X will have a negative impact and Guardians to drop in the 50’s both DOM and OS. 

That said, presales for it are pretty bad in US and CHI, if OS follows it and Guardians drop another 40% globally, than maybe 1B is possible.

But so far, a lot of if’s. Should cross 900M tho

I really hope it does 

So something like $380M DOM $620M OS ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mmed1345 said:

I might be delusional but If it somehow drops sub 50% dom and OS again next weekend then I think $400M and $1B will definitely happen. Hoping for the impossible lol.

Sub 50% drop DOM is actually pretty likely. Losing PLFs to Fast X will hurt no doubt but Fast X isn't going to open all that big DOM so GotGV3 has that going for it in addition to very strong WoM we're seeing.

OS I think is a no go on the sub 50%... Fast series, until proven otherwise, is still very big OS... Not what it once was but still very big.

• Like 7

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Sub 50% drop DOM is actually pretty likely. Losing PLFs to Fast X will hurt no doubt but Fast X isn't going to open all that big DOM so GotGV3 has that going for it in addition to very strong WoM we're seeing.

OS I think is a no go on the sub 50%... Fast series, until proven otherwise, is still very big OS... Not what it once was but still very big.

OS usually holds better against big openings tho 

Wouldn’t surprise me with 48% drop if Fast X opens big but not huge 

1 minute ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

FWIW I have something like 45% OS 35% DOM penciled and I’m not sure that’s enough for 400 or 1B

Yeah i’m expecting +920M (560M OS / 360M DOM) 

Beyond that is really stretching possibilities, i wouldn’t say is impossible but definitely unlikely 

Feige can always put out an extended version in September and hopes it do the trick tho 

• Like 2

Superb drop for Guardians. If it can survive the Fast X/Little Mermaid/Spider-Man onslaught of the next few weeks it should at least match the total of the first one, proving all the pre-release doom and gloom was completely unwarranted. 

The rather large drop from the first one Book Club 2 is looking at overall should be a sign for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 to expect something similar in September.

• Like 1