The Wild Eric

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

6 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTcTr_kQMys2YN-Q8y9lq

I know the post you replied to mentioned Guardians, but it's very likely Mario alone outgrosses all of 2023's DCEU movies combined. That...should not happen. Guardians is gonna save the MCU from similar embarassment. 

Just now, Koni said:

I know the post you replied to mentioned Guardians, but it's very likely Mario alone outgrosses all of 2023's DCEU movies combined. That...should not happen. Guardians is gonna save the MCU from similar embarassment. 

ehhhh Even without GotG3 doing as well as it did they would need 840~mil between GotG3 and The Marvels to pass Marios movie. of course as it stands there's a good chance the MCU gets there without the Marvels. 

4 hours ago, Darth Homer said:

Katie Holmes literally had to do spy stuff to escape from Cruise but people forget that.

She could've been in The Dark Knight, instead of Maggie Gilingwhateverhernameis. Pain. Why Tom?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imo, Dead Mens Chest easily outclasses most modern blockbusters. Its 2 1/2 hours of pure fun escapism of the best sort and still holds up incredibly well. The CGI of Davy Jones looks better than pretty much anything that audiences see today.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Is there any way The Flash can be salvageable post theatrical run, or is that asking too much?

Also, did there used to be many more users on BOT because there is no world I can see a weekend thread reaching 1000 pages from the time I've spent on here since April?

Edited by Austin

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Imo, Dead Mens Chest easily outclasses most modern blockbusters. Its 2 1/2 hours of pure fun escapism of the best sort and still holds up incredibly well. The CGI of Davy Jones looks better than pretty much anything that audiences see today.

I mean the special effects and CGI of the Average Michael Bay Transformers movie easily outclass most things that we have today. Can these new blockbuster directors even plan their shots ahead of time and incorporate CGI with it? 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, AJG said:

At this point I kinda feel as if most LGBT representation in a major productions is gonna be locked away to an R-Rating at this point. I don’t think DreamWorks, Illumination, and Sony have any at all in the PG movies.

I think Sony has some reference or something to the main protagonist in Mitchells vs the Machines being gay at the end of the movie. I kinda forget though, so don't quote me on it.

Just now, Austin said:

I think Sony has some reference or something to the main protagonist in Mitchells vs the Machines being gay at the end of the movie. I kinda forget though, so don't quote me on it.

And it was straight to streaming. I dont think it would've survived the theatrical cut.

1 hour ago, Justin4125 said:

I really don't understand this TLM hate. The movie had FAR more baggage than the Flash and it will likely gross more domestically than Flash will WW

Regarding baggage, TLM had possibly the largest review bombing compaign of any film, if people hated The Flash that much for any reason, we would have seen at least one tenth of TLM experienced. Plus, you have what feels like a third of the country boycotting the film for ideological reasons. In the wake of movies like Shazam 2 and The Flash, getting past 500m WW is nothing to scoff at in this new movie world order

I only deal in facts and even if it crawls to 500 its still a flop regardless of excuses. The Flash just happens to be a much larger flop with its own excuses. Plenty of flops and excuses to go around this summer 

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

And it was straight to streaming. I dont think it would've survived the theatrical cut.

I dunno about that. It was kinda during pandemic times so I think it would have been released in theaters, but there is a reference I believe nonetheless. Unless you are just saying profitability wise then who knows.

Edited by Austin

7 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

I mean the special effects and CGI of the Average Michael Bay Transformers movie easily outclass most things that we have today. Can these new blockbuster directors even plan their shots ahead of time and incorporate CGI with it? 

WHAT HAPPENED????

1 hour ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Ah I remember lurking the TFA threads years ago when that came out, probably my favourite run that I've followed. Rth posting those monster weekday numbers never got old and that third weekend number will stand for a very very long time.

Same here....rth was and is awesome