Eric is Anxious

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

7 minutes ago, Kon said:

Maybe The Flash will be a success when we include TV+Digital too, since we couldn't know that numbers either.

I really doubt the studio expected $600 m or less for the Little Mermaid. It will likely be considered a dissapointed (at least).

The Flash will lose atleast $80-100M in the best case scenario of 375-400M WW box office total

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Thank you! Some of those look a bit off (Transformers was confirmed as $195m I think, Flash we’ve heard $190-220m).

But that’s crazy, $750m is the minimum Indiana Jones and MI need to make just to break even. We’ll see how it goes.

It's crazy. Is this because of the delay caused by the pandemic? Because if not, these studios really need to rethink their budget decisions.

I… I’m not sure if Ezra Miller could promote this film it would actually help anything like Deadline seems hellbent to argue about. Imagine that he wasn’t a serial criminal, would you feel like he is doing a good job selling you The Flash if he held press junkets like this?

• Haha 1

I nailed the Transformers drop of 67% on the money last week.  But that's because I thought The Flash (and possibly Elemental) would do pretty well and what actually happened is everything is flopping left and right.  

R.I.P. Summer 2023. 

5 minutes ago, Koni said:

Wait, The Numbers has Fast X at $1.62 million for the weekend. Which one is correct?

Looks like numbers put the Mon est in for Sunday by mistake (-58% from Sat)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Koni said:

Wait, The Numbers has Fast X at $1.62 million for the weekend. Which one is correct?

$2.02 million should be the correct figure. The Numbers has Fast X dropping 58% on Sunday for some reason. 

• Like 1