kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Correct, but at same time we never had two concurrent Batman takes going on. I wouldn’t call The Flash as a Batman film, but Batman: Brave and the Bold or whatever it’ll end up being called clearly is. In a perfect world, I’d be all over The Batman being part of the DCU, but it is what it is.

Ideally if it's happens it's like a decade from now. I think it fails big time if done sooner unless The Batman series is abandoned. Do an animated Batman even. Not another live action one with The Batman just starting. No one will see it and I don't blame them.

I think it’s finally time to accept that cinematic universes might not be generalizable to all like properties. Solo: A Star Wars Story, Dark Universe or whatever that was, and now a string of BOMB after BOMB for DC/WB, even the Harry Potter spinoff went up in flames. DC might’ve just missed the train, and audiences might also feel that the “appointment movie franchises” they are currently paying attention to have monopolized their time and money to a point where they can’t focus on yet ANOTHER never ending comic book movie/TV saga with constant post-credit scenes beckoning them to see the next installment. 

If I were DC, I’d go back to how things were in the 2000s. Each character gets its own separate universe. If Superman: Legacy bombs it’s fine, because they can do a rebooted Wonder Woman a few years later totally disconnected from that with a different tone. I think I enjoyed superhero movies far more when they didn’t feel SO. WEIGHED. DOWN. BY. CONTINUITY and fan service. 

• Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1

7 hours ago, baumer said:

Suicide squad was far from a flop buddy. $745 million worldwide, $325 million domestic on a budget of $175 million? That's far from a flop.

If you read the original post I was responding to, we were talking about the 2021 Suicide Squad. So yes, it was a major box office flop.

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Like 1

Reeves is doing a trilogy hell maybe even more thats for sure. He keeps tweeting 3 bats when talking about it and he calls it a SAGA. Plus Warner knows right now its the only sure fire DC succes right now. Battinson and Reeves isn’t going anywhere. Actually think Part 2 can do a Billie with how well reciewed Part 1 was from the audience. 

2 minutes ago, jasonlawrence said:

Reeves is doing a trilogy hell maybe even more thats for sure. He keeps tweeting 3 bats when talking about it and he calls it a SAGA. Plus Warner knows right now its the only sure fire DC succes right now. Battinson and Reeves isn’t going anywhere. Actually think Part 2 can do a Billie with how well reciewed Part 1 was from the audience. 

I think Joker: Folie a Deux is another safe bet at success. It’s crazy to me that people want more DCEU/DCU movies (BvS, Justice League, TSS, Flash) when all of DC’s success in the last decade has been with standalone movies (The Batman, Joker, Aquaman, Wonder Woman). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

I think Joker: Folie a Deux is another safe bet at success. It’s crazy to me that people want more DCEU/DCU movies (BvS, Justice League, TSS, Flash) when all of DC’s success in the last decade has been with standalone movies (The Batman, Joker, Aquaman, Wonder Woman). 

I do wonder if these two go below the predecessors if people on BOT will be talking about superhero fatigue again. That would certainly be fun 

Spoiler

/s

22 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

If you read the original post I was responding to, we were talking about the 2021 Suicide Squad. So yes, it was a major box office flop.

Then you have to call it The Suicide Squad. Gets confusing sometimes.. I know. haha.

24 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Fri & Sun drops are inflated by previews and Father’s Day respectively, but that -61% Sat/Sat is by itself among the worst of all time 

Around $115M finish, only above 2x OW via summer weekdays (~1.6x OWeek)

Edited by M37
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Yeah they can do standalone Superman franchise, standalone Wonder Woman, standalone Flash ect.. But lets see how Gunn handle Superman Legacy it all can take flight with a casting and story and people get excited again. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Given AtSV estimates were revised down to 19M, any chance Elemental passes it with actually as Disney always lowballs?

I don't see that happening since Disney went with only 22% Sunday drop. Now if other days are underestimated, then maybe but I would say highly unlikely right now.