Eric is Anxious

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

48 minutes ago, Eric the Turtle said:

WHAT THE H*CK

Pulling a Barbarian: low level horror release that doesn’t have high awareness and yet good enough WOM to pick up a second wind. That made nearly 3x the second week ($17M after $9M), same here would put final in ~$45M range 

• Like 5

James Cameron owns people who whine about long run times!

“I don’t want anybody whining about length when they sit and binge-watch [television] for eight hours,” he said. “I can almost write this part of the review. ‘The agonisingly long three-hour movie…’ It’s like, give me a fucking break.

“I’ve watched my kids sit and do five one-hour episodes in a row. Here’s the big social paradigm shift that has to happen: It’s okay to get up and go pee.”

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The drop is bigger than I expected.

I don’t see anything wrong with Oppy’s international numbers. On opening weekend, the overseas number was 20% bigger than the domestic number. For this 4th weekend, the overseas number is 70% bigger than the domestic number. Very strong results in overseas markets. 

8 minutes ago, Jovan said:

15.75M TMNT (-44%)

4.66M Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One (-29%)

Well would you look at that. We all doomed and gloomed over Ninja Turtles and thought it had no hope before we even had Friday estimates, and it had a better drop than Smurfs 2, with little reason to expect it holding any worse in the weeks to come. Almost like the film is doing fine and will finish with a solidly strong total. What a concept!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I don’t see anything wrong with Oppy’s international numbers. On opening weekend, the overseas number was 20% bigger than the domestic number. For this 4th weekend, the overseas number is 70% bigger than the domestic number. Very strong results in overseas markets. 

The drop this weekend is 42.6% compared to last weekend's 27.9% drop.