kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

21 minutes ago, Austin said:

And look at the PTA. MI7 be losing hella screens but having solid holds regardless. I really think it would performed much better had it not been for Sound of Freedom and Barbenheimer.

Yeah, MI is pulling some great late holds, love to see it. 

Edited by Jovan

19 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Is the news of Cinema Day coming next weekend widely spread or known? Some worse than expected hold this weekend and I suppose some demand shifted to CD.

They are suppose to announce it this Monday 

But all the showtimes for 8/27 are blacked out to prevent presales. CD already happened last year. So it's not hard to guess it is happening again next Sunday.

Cinema Day and Labor Day weekend should be huge for sure, especially for Barbie and TMNT.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Yeah, MI is pulling some great late holds, love to see it. 

Yep!. And that's despite the fact that people are tired of this franchise and the WOM for this one was not great. Or so a few people around here have kept trying to claim.  MCQ might not get fired after all.

18 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Is the news of Cinema Day coming next weekend widely spread or known? Some worse than expected hold this weekend and I suppose some demand shifted to CD.

It seems to be a rather low key affair so far to me, considering the lack of spam about it which AMC and Regal usually send. Promotions for it better kick off on Monday or Tuesday or this year won’t be as impressive.

That being said, this year it is a week earlier and there are two new wide releases unlike last year when we only had two re-releases (NWH and Jaws) and one tax write-off release (Honk).

GT will probably be hurt by NCD as people would pay regular price to see it on its opening Saturday but now can pay a reduced price. Everything else should benefit with Barbie, Oppenheimer and TMNT probably benefitting the most. BB may reap some extra ticket sales but compared to its drop from OW and loss is PLFs, it may only stem the tide a little.

47 minutes ago, Welcbr12 said:

Yeah, less than Shazam 2, that's bad 

I would argue that Blue Bettle (this iteration) which was only created in 2006 is less well-known than Shazam aka Captain Marvel; who inspired the legends such as Elvis.. Plus Shazam 2 is a sequel.

I mean BB's box office isn't good but it had no hype and ppl were expecting 15m... Not saying the number is good, but it isn't literal garbage at least. Hope it has better legs than Meg 2..

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

That’s $40K+ PTA but considering those 22 screens with 70mm are where the bulk of the money is coming from, I would guess they probably averaged around $55K each with the other 10 maybe hitting $10K each.