RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

12 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

feel sorry for anyone who buys a ticket and thinks their screening won’t be a sing-along. They are in for a big surprise.

Just as long as no one is standing in front of my lazy ass in the recliner, I am fine with this. 

Spoiler

It’s not like she has an amazing voice anyway

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

23 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

I hate this narrative that female driven movies specifically are frontloaded at the box office and always pointing at Twilight as the main example of this "trend", when it's just the nature of having a rabid fanbase. But for every Twilight movie, there's a Hunger Games or Barbie or Wonder Woman that are female driven and have relatively good (in the case of HG) or very good legs (in the case of WW and Barbie). And even then, these Twilight movies were 10-15 years ago, not exactly a great comp. 

Let's push the narrative that male driven movies are frontloaded because of movies like AMWQ, Flash, Shazam, etc. No, it's just the rapid fanbases that push the movies' multipliers in the high 1-low 2 range, not being female driven (Harry Potter, DC, MCU nowadays, Twilight, etc.).

I do think this movie will be relatively frontloaded, but that's on the basis of Taylor Swift's rapid fanbase, not because it is female driven. 

yeah agree with everything. I was one of the very few persons thinking there were no reason to say Barbie was "like twilight"...here some of the predictions for that movie were like 140M first weekend 300M final 💀

Actually female driven movies in some cases can have incredible crazy legs, and some of the movies with the most crazy legs in history are ghost, pretty woman, grease, titanic, love story....female driven movies. If something the movies with bad legs are the modern action flicks as you said lol

Twilight was very teen, with unknown and very young actors (lautner was like 16 years old and stewart 19) so a very little and specific female audience.

i agree also of course this kind of movie it's very fan driven, and not because the star is female, a metallica concert would be even more.

But the fans are a lot so for me thnking the 50% of the first weekend was made already yeasterday is too much negative, i would say in the worst scenario around 1/3 is more credible. 

And about legs, it's the perfect movie to watch again so i think legs can be very good for at least a couple of weeks. So in some sense can be frontloaded in the weekend but with second views can have good legs in all the run.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MattW said:

It's interesting that Friday is so far just 'opening night', not a full day of shows. Will be a bit like Thursday previews but being Friday I'd guess relatively bigger, maybe more like a July thurs previews.

Being Oct theaters likely have somewhat more staffing issues with kids being in school and that might explain the weekend only scheduling. Or is it the swift team that specified weekends only?

A lot of curiosities here. 

it really makes not sense. Most swift fans are now adults and animation is released with matinees even on friday so i don't think that can be a serious reason, also why 6PM and not 3PM at least.

The only explanation i gave is since the movie is playing only on the weekend she wants to create the same feeling of the tour (cause it played ony in the weekends) and so the first day it's people  "waiting for the night like they're going to see a real concert"

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Big question is how is this going to be released in OS markets. That normally needs a big studio to drive releases. Here Swift is going solo and so they have to do it market by market. Wont be easy. I hope at least big international markets in Europe/ANZ have release planned day and date with domestic.

I may end up being wrong about this but I feel like she’s only releasing the film in places the tour has already happened. She won’t hit Australia and Europe until Feb/May 2024.

• Like 3

Every Generation has this routine of some singer inspiring over the top fans.

In the 40's I was people fainting in the aisles for Frank Sinatra.

In the 50's it was Elvis.

In the 60's it was  Beatlemania and so on.

And I know I am putting my life at risk for this.  but though I like Taylor and some of her music, I don't put her on the same level as the above when they were putting out their A product.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Big question is how is this going to be released in OS markets. That normally needs a big studio to drive releases. Here Swift is going solo and so they have to do it market by market. Wont be easy. I hope at least big international markets in Europe/ANZ have release planned day and date with domestic.

indiewire wrote they are negotations with international studios. I think in most countries anyway should be only a like 3-4 days event. In my country for example there is a very specific distributor called Nexo and they basically buy all the concerts (last one was the coldplay one with "only 3 days on theates")

23 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And I know I am putting my life at risk for this.  but though I like Taylor and some of her music, I don't put her on the same level as the above when they were putting out their A product.

Too much different eras. I mean Sinatra and The beatles are 2 different things...the four were creative and they made their own music...sinatra just sing covers...same for elvis..not really a creative if not as performer.

You forgot Michael Jackson in the 80s. He was a creative both as musician and performer. so better than sinatra and elvis imo.

Swift music is not like something new (but sinatra or elvis weren't big innovators too) but they way she can adapt successful herself as pop writer in what seems every angle of the pop spectrum from teen songs, country, pop, rock, folk etc..has been something rare in the pop phenomenons, and also in some way is as difficult as being "innovators". So everyone has his strenght in a very specific era of msuic. Swift it's of course by far the most talented as pure storyteller of all of them and this for a not so represented women audience it's really important. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 5

Only the Beatles and Michael Jackson are historically on the same level that Taylor is currently. Worldwide, more than 100 million people tried to get tickets to her tour. Her last album, which was a re-record of a 13 year old country album, had the largest opening week in 2023. Her next album, a re-record of her biggest album to date, will likely move over 1 million units before it even officially comes out.

Now she's putting a concert film out that could end up being one of the 25 biggest domestic film openings of all time.

It's all next level stuff. 

• Like 5
  • Disbelief 1

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

She is most definitely above every pop singer of the last 100 years in popularity except The Beatles and MJ. And she is honestly right on their level too at this point. For female singers, it’s an absolute no contest, none have ever commanded this level of success. 

Now quality of music on the other hand is a whole other subjective thing… 

• Haha 3